• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Input seal retainer shims

Kaz

Anyone know where in the manual it gives the procedure for determining how many shims to use in the input seal retainer? Closest I saw was how to install a new seal in the old retainer. I ended up with a new retainer as well and I'm not 100% sure the same spacing will work. Or will it still be fine with the old amount? Thanks.

Kaz

An excellent question I should have realized I needed to answer before it got asked. The half shaft going into the geared hub. Is it in one of the manuals in the TM section or am I just not good at searching them?

Kaz

Well I think I've gotten the original question answered but now I've got a new one. I just used feeler gauges under the old retainer and measured them. It originally had shims equaling .045 in it, but now it's measureing .14-something and bottomed out. I didn't remove anything else so I don't understand what changed and why. Anyone know what I'm dealing with? Thanks.