• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insane home Water/meth injection...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see 3200 in that pic.

When will you be home to take video of sustained driving at 3200 rpm?

Here's a stock lds truck. Sorry it's so small, it was my avatar pic once. edit, I found a bigger pic and added it here.

In my pic, the Speedometer reading is higher than yours and RPMs are at 2900. Yeah it would run like that for hours(but I didn't).

You haven't explained what modifications you have made to achieve such RPM.

I think you simply have a faulty tachometer reading.

Please prove your situation with some facts to back up your story.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, the site rules request that you attach pics, not post links to them.

JasonS

I don't see 3200 in that pic.

When will you be home to take video of sustained driving at 3200 rpm?

Here's a stock lds truck. Sorry it's so small, it was my avatar pic once. edit, I found a bigger pic and added it here.

In my pic, the Speedometer reading is higher than yours and RPMs are at 2900. Yeah it would run like that for hours(but I didn't).

You haven't explained what modifications you have made to achieve such RPM.

I think you simply have a faulty tachometer reading.

Please prove your situation with some facts to back up your story.
Isn't that 2700 rpm in your pic?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, with the same or maybe greater MPH(as his). Edit, dang I need to get some reading glasses. I meant to say 2700, as you pointed out.

Basically, I'm calling his bluff.

Calling BS.

That's all.

JasonS

I run 60 at 2300 with my 11:00r20 NDTs. Stock everything. Ask Gringeltaube if you don't believe that. He rode with me in the return convoy from Heavy's.
You know, that seems about perfect for this engine and truck combination. I am geared a bit faster with the 395s and it is evident in how the truck drives.

Jeepsinker

Red, no upgrade. All stock. Welldigger, not verified by GPS, but by several members in civilian vehicles trying to keep up with me. Wanna race?
When you come down bring a GPS and I'll show you, then we can all scratch our heads and try to figure why.

Last edited:

welldigger

Red, no upgrade. All stock. Welldigger, not verified by GPS, but by several members in civilian vehicles trying to keep up with me. Wanna race?
When you come down bring a GPS and I'll show you, then we can all scratch our heads and try to figure why.
Meh who knows. I do get a terrible whine after about 45. Starting to wonder if something in my tranny or transfer case isn't getting ready to go on me. Maybe that could be slowing me down? I'll get it figured out. Speaking of coming down what you got going on this weekend?

PyroJoe

You know, that seems about perfect for this engine and truck combination. I am geared a bit faster with the 395s and it is evident in how the truck drives.
Are you saying to go with 11's instead of 395's? I'm getting close to purchasing a set of tires. Thinking 395's at this point, but also like the idea of dual 11's in the rear and 14.5's up front.

red

Checked with a few of the rpm calculators and to get it all to match up with 42" tires, 6.72 axle ratio, 60mph, and that rpm reading it needs a .69 ratio from the transmission. Could the trans have been upgraded before you got it? With a .79 ratio it doesn't match up with the 11's.

Jeepsinker

I suppose it could have been. I had to replace the mainshaft and gears a few months ago and I got the parts out of a transmission that came out of a GSA deuce that was used as a fire truck. So not impossible but I don't think it is likely. The tach could be running slow but it doesn't sound like it is anywhere near what other trucks sound like running 25-2600 rpm. And it still governs out at the indicated 2650.

welldigger

I suppose it could have been. I had to replace the mainshaft and gears a few months ago and I got the parts out of a transmission that came out of a GSA deuce that was used as a fire truck. So not impossible but I don't think it is likely. The tach could be running slow but it doesn't sound like it is anywhere near what other trucks sound like running 25-2600 rpm. And it still governs out at the indicated 2650.
If I had to guess I'd bet your running slower than you think you are. Cause at 2500 I'm running 63 mph with 395s. This is gps verified.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's get back to the original topic now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks