• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Install Muffler, Install Snorkel on Deuce

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was an easy mod. The muffler tucked right in behind the safety screen. I got this from a SS member this past winter. I also took delivery on a snorkel from another member complete with the double clamps. The whole mod took 1 hour to install with minimal tools. I was amazed at the difference in the sound factor.

I would guess between the two mods the sound level was cut in half. I like the look and I am glad I did it.

EDIT: 2-24-2012

Found picture # 7 and thought it was a cool piece of nostalgia. Looks like standard hvac duct.

Attachments

Last edited:

goldneagle

This was an easy mod. The muffler tucked right in behind the safety screen. I got this from a SS member this past winter. I also took delivery on a snorkel from another member complete with the double clamps. The whole mod took 1 hour to install with minimal tools. I was amazed at the difference in the sound factor.

I would guess between the two mods the sound level was cut in half. I like the look and I am glad I did it.
Wow that looks like stock. Very nice job sir.:grd:

DieselBob

Nice job. I did the muffler upgrade right after I got my truck. Really helped with hearing yourself think. I like the snorkel. Looks factory.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Speeddmon, I can only drive on my property with those on at night. They are way to bright for road use.

DB, Thanks I got the muffler, snorkel and LED lights off the classified section right here on SS. I am still amazed at how much sound is cut from modifying both intake and exhaust.

plym49

LED lights, IR lights, snorkel, muffler, flood lights up top, and an infidel to boot. You, sir, are one prepared Boy Scout! :) Nice work!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blue302stang
No, it came in a non decrepit box from a fellow member off the classifieds here. Its stainless steel and compact. I would keep checking the ads for another one. I am sorry I can not help out more.

peashooter

I did the same thing with the muffler and the snorkle. I think the Donaldson muffler was the easiest project I have done to the truck... probably the only project that actually took me less time that I thought it would. It seems everything else I do to the truck takes 2-3 times longer than I expect:-?
oh I also added a flapper....one time I started it up and got the whole family splattered with those black spots from a wet exhaust, havent had that problem since!

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Peashooter, your truck looks AWESOME. I think I will go with the flapper as well. I had to repaint my truck because there was black spots all over it from the exhaust.

I like the log and steel roof motif. :beer:Cheers..!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Several threads on that muffler. Search "24216"

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats it. A dynmax bullet. $49.99 can't beat it. RAZER did the same thing. Fits perfectly behind the heat shield. I thought it was Stainless Steel and was not sure so I checked it out with a magnet and it did not stick, so if not Stainless Steel must be aluminised steel. In either case the magnet test failed.

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovery4x4 posted this last year concerning a snorkel and fording. FYI......

"Once consideration not mentioned thus far is your air compressor intake. It projects downward from the compressor and if it sucks in some water, its' going to lock up at least and maybe break. Thankfully the folks that designed the multi fuel air cleaner left you an option. There is a nipple low on the air cleaner can facing towards the engine. A hose from that nipple to the bottow of the compressor will keep your compressor from taking a drink at an unwanted time.

I know you said you doubted going fording but it just makes sense to add the hose.

For those who may or will be fording the deuce, I suggest borrowing some old issues of MV Magazine. Mr Cranetruck did a 2 part series on fording the deuce and it not only has info on the stock fording kits but also additional info to help you outfit your truck for the expected water level. "

Wise words from a wise man..

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Sir! A very worthwhile upgrade on the muffler! Did you have a muffler shop bend that snorkel up?:grd:
Hey Ray, I got it last week from kc4wd

Mr. Cox did me a solid off the classified section here on SS. Came all set to install with the double clamp bracket at a very fair price. Thanks Mr.Cox..!

Now tomorrow, I have to take Kenny's advice and run a hose from the Air Cleaner nipple to the air compressor inlet. Thanks Kenny I missed that.

Last edited: