• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed a new light bar and six PAR 36 lights with 18W 1800 Lumens LEDs.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished up installing the new lights on the light bar. Had to shorten the fording stack to make everything work. These units put out some serious light and only draw about 4 amps for the six of them. Really pleased with the look and operation.

Mark

20171027_175033.jpg

20171027_175043.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you share info on bulb cost, part number, and supplier. I have a bunch of lights with bad bulbs and this looks like a great solution over those expensive dual element bulbs.

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why sure. Could not find these for any kind of good price (average was around 40 bucks each) so I looked around had them shipped right from China. I paid $9.00 each plus shipping but now it looks like $5.00 each plus shipping and a ten unit minimum. Took about a week and a half to get them here. Great lights but please note I had to modify the housings to have did the them fit. They sat a little high in the housing so I ground down (whizzer air tool) the feet in the housing and that did the trick . These lights put out far more light (1800 lumens to stock high power 1200 lumens) and they should last forever and only consume less than a 5th the power.

JG-CLPAR36

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-New-18w-flood-led-work_60269367153.html

2015-New-18w-flood-led-work-light.jpg

Dock Rocker

They look cool but aren’t you worried about a low limb taking them off? I have never had any luck mounting anything above the cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No not at all. The light bar must be blocking it. I may make up a bracket to run over the lights to protect them but honestly I have not done much with her off road. The cool thing was since the amps are so low I did not even have to wire in a relay.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks