• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed a tire pressure monitor system but.....

papakb

Your pressure monitor is measuring psi, not percent and why are you trying to put so much pressure in your tires anyway? I normally only run mine at 45 psi and an unloaded M998 usually only runs 25 psi per tire.

papakb

You can accomplish the same thing with a 10% overpressure and not risk a high speed blowout that could cost you your life.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to remove all the air and fill it with pure nitrogen to make the tires safe. If you go along with that then you're in luck. I have this nice bridge for sale with a price so low it should be criminal. You could install a toll both and make a fortune.

Mark

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I prefer helium... sheds about 20 lbs of tire weight.. Its quite an elevating way to air UP
don't the smaller molecules also leak out faster through the pores in the rubber?
I was told the nitrogen molecules are larger (about 3%)

Looking at it another way though, if nitrogen molecules are the ones that leak out slowest, all you have to do is wait for the tire to lose a little pressure and top it off. Every time you do so the ratio of nitrogen to oxygen and other gasses will keep increasing until you have almost entirely nitrogen...