• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed new rear view mirrors on the X-Doors of my M998. I can now see the right mirror !

McSpeed

Re.: the OP buying special $100.00 brackets to mount these mirrors. Why?
There is a vendor on Amazon that sells the mirrors for $150...and the bracket (out of aluminum) for $230.

Seems odd to pay so much for for the bracket than the mirror - and the door has to stay on to work.

Seems the passenger mirror is an issue no matter what for swing of the door against the strap.

I'm searching now many different Jeep aftermarket sources as there are numerous door off mirror options that "may" work very well. Again - passenger side visual access is an issue no matter what.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a vendor on Amazon that sells the mirrors for $150...and the bracket (out of aluminum) for $230.

Seems odd to pay so much for for the bracket than the mirror - and the door has to stay on to work.

Seems the passenger mirror is an issue no matter what for swing of the door against the strap.

I'm searching now many different Jeep aftermarket sources as there are numerous door off mirror options that "may" work very well. Again - passenger side visual access is an issue no matter what.

I bought the mirrors for just over $40 for the pair. Brackets obviously cost zero/zip/nada.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
do you run door-less ever? If so, what do you do with mirrors?
I have a slantback. Running doorless in Brooklyn is an invitation to thieves. If I want air I open the sunroof (turret).

If you want to run without doors you can just keep the military mirrors IMHO.

McSpeed

I have a slantback. Running doorless in Brooklyn is an invitation to thieves. If I want air I open the sunroof (turret).

If you want to run without doors you can just keep the military mirrors IMHO.
That makes sense. The blind spots are awful. I may have a solution soon. Oh, and I have four military buckets coming to replace the amazing unique and unbelievable cool office chairs. 😎

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks