• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed "Those Military Guys" Folding Tailgate Ladder and Dome Light (24V)

LiqTenEXp

Installed "Those Military Guys" Folding Tailgate Ladder and Dome Light (24V)

Hey,

Got around to installing both the new Folding Tailgate Ladder they offer along with the Dome Light.

The dome light was easy as it gets to install. They are nice enough to include all the terminals/butt splices/heat shrink you need to complete the job. I used a few zip ties other than what was included. The length of wire is perfect and the light simply clicks into the tube overhead. I ran the wire across the back of the tube, down the passengers side, through a hole in the cab (enlarged it from 1/4" to 3/8"), in front and below the slave plug wiring, behind the battery box, and finally through a new 3/8" hole in the back of the battery box.

The ladder requires you to drill 4 new holes into your tailgate. Be careful where you position it since you may wind up reaching into an area with a nut/washer stuck onto a wrench due to some boxed metal on the tailgate. If you butt it right up against the handle this will happen on the driver side bolt. You can do what I did (wasn't too hard) or move it over a few inches. All the hardware that was required was included (included nylon locking nuts). Overall the ladder feels stout even with me (230+ lbs) using it.

See attached photos below. I still have to paint the ladder hardware, otherwise this is the final installation pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

LiqTenEXp

It has been driving nuts, for some reason the photo uploader is rotating my photos! Just turn your head 90 degrees counterclockwise to view the ladder photo!

Artisan

That is a nifty little ladder.
Can you PM me the details' as
to where they can be found / bought from please?

LiqTenEXp

Yep it is pretty slick. Folds up, pin holds it in place, tailgate can fully close as long as you don't mount it in place of where the regular handle was on either side (would hit support strut when closed).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks