• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing 12v accesories on CUCV 24v system

jgb680

Where do you connect positive wires to the 24v system to run 12v accessories if the only things on the system that draw 24v are the starter and alternator? I want to install some sort of radio. Should I connect to one of the batteries or the fuse panel or what?

jgb680

Will connecting to one of the batteries work? I was thinking about running just an amp with a couple of speakers and an aux. cable. So no real stereo...

Oldsouthernboy

bought a fused block, Made a power tap, Using RTV I VERY LIBERALY applied RTV selant/glue to the bottom of the fused block, Stuck it to the fender well between the the batteries, I now have 6 fused circuits of 12 volts from the first battery, and I did the same to the rear battery for another 6 fused 24 volts circuits, My Winch takes 5 Amps at 24 volts to operate the winch valves. (Mile Marker)

Brutusdog

fused block

Try Best Buy. Go back to the car stereo installation area and talk to those guys. They have alot of stuff not out in the general store area. I see you live in Louisville - you might try Smart Shopper on the corner of Produce Lane and Jennings. They have alot of car "stuff" and seem to know what they are talking about.

steelandcanvas

bought a fused block, Made a power tap, Using RTV I VERY LIBERALY applied RTV selant/glue to the bottom of the fused block, Stuck it to the fender well between the the batteries, I now have 6 fused circuits of 12 volts from the first battery, and I did the same to the rear battery for another 6 fused 24 volts circuits, My Winch takes 5 Amps at 24 volts to operate the winch valves. (Mile Marker)
Got any pictures of this set-up?

mtn man

Here is a few pics of a 6 circuit box I bought at Advanced Auto... wired to Batt #1 for constant 12v power. Good for light duty usage. I have a lighter on it now, also adding my flash light, regular cig lighter (factory). maybe some other things. I ran a 10g wire, but if you are going to put anyreal demand on this type of box- bigger is better. This box is mounted just below the factory fuse box but in not connected to the factory box. The upper 'hot' wire goes back to lead sled #1. LMT truck also sales a 'switch hot' add on box that could avoid a constand battery draw.

Good luck to all working on the new sight! This page has helped me keep the few hairs I have left!

Attachments

The G Man

I am gonna use this as an indicator for my 12V add-ons. Driving, and Fog lights, IR lights ( I have a night sight with IR mode like parking on farm and seeing whats running around)back up spotlight etc. Gonna use the button for my glowplug control.They came out of a track, M113 FOV I think. Got lucky and ran across a lot of 10 of them. Gonna remove top bracket, clean, paint and mounted under dash by transfer lever. Figure will use one in deuce to for cab lights extra heater etc.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks