• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing bed on tractor

roalcoal

IMAG0437.jpgScreenshot_2014-08-16-12-37-09.jpg. Got up early this morning and started painting here is some pics of the truck ill post some. Better ones. When I get better shots

Last edited:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice build[thumbzup] This is a popular mod these days. I just did this to my M818. I replaced my sectioned Deuce bed with a sectioned M923. But, I farmed out the fab work to Those Military Guys. I just don't have the resources for this size job.They did a great job. The dropsides are MUCH better beds. Now just getting everything back together again.
SDC12470.jpgSDC12454.jpgSDC12460.jpg

racing4funn

I'm doing the same to my tractor but I'm unclear on the actual mount to frame. Are yall useing the exact spring loaded mounts used on the cargo trucks that allow the frame to twist or something else?

roalcoal

I used 4 large u-bolts, I also used the existing mount that was on the bed already and bolted it down where the fifth wheel plate mounted . Ill have to take some pics.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm doing the same to my tractor but I'm unclear on the actual mount to frame. Are yall useing the exact spring loaded mounts used on the cargo trucks that allow the frame to twist or something else?

We did this type of bed install on JW4x4's truck two years ago at the Georgia Rally with a cordless drill. Just set the shortened bed on and drill up into the brackets. Put some Grade 8 bolts on and wire it up. (Yes, JW got nice pretty oak strips to put between the frame and bed.)

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my M818...Top angle iron is original to the bed and the bottom was welded on during bed installation. Bolts and springs installed per the TM. Bolts are grade 8 and 5/8" x 10" long. Spec called for 9 1/2", but I couldn't find that length...no biggee. The springs are also spec'd out and found on eBay.

SDC12474.jpg

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

I'm glad both you guys that bought beds from me did so well. I'm in the process of downsizing the inventory and the last thing I wanted was to see these beds on a slow boat to China.
Wait till you see the mod I have in mind for the M927. I'll post it in a separate thread in a few days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks