• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing door locks

Z71

Any suggestions on how to install locks on my deuce doors?
Yes. I have bought locking door handles from this outfit that makes them. I found their add in the Military Vehicles magazine. I do not remember who it was as I bought them years ago, but it was an easy installation, just remove the old handle and screw on the locking one. They work great and are made of aluminum. The cost was about $ 20/handle IIRC. I will check my records to see if I can find what the name of the outfit I bought these from was.

motomacguyver

Locking a soft top is only going to keep the "kids" out. I usually "combat lock" the doors and leave a front window cracked.

Combat locked = if you pull up on the interior door handles, the door opens, if you push down, the door is locked from the outside.

Z71

I bought my locking door handles in 2002 from Extreme Off Road Equipment. Their address was 851 Charlotte Highway, Fairview, NC 28730. Phone number 828-628- 0058. Their website, http://www.extremeoffroadequipment.com, is no longer active, so maybe they went out of business. The cost of door handles for a pair was $ 35 plus shipping.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought mine from the helpful hardware guys at my local Ace. They were around $14 bucks each. The are locking garage door handles, and are almost a dead ringer for the original deuce handle. I had to cut 3/16" off the end of the square shaft of the handle going into the deuce door. Then you must enlarge the square keyway back in the door with a drill bit about about 1/8" larger than the square keyway. Scuff the chrome finish with a scotchbrite pad and spay paint. They work great.:razz: Counting the time to cut the square shaft down, total time for both doors was about an hour.

Last edited:

randini

I picked up a keyed-alike set of locking handles for a local RV place. I think they were under 20$. I did have to shorten the shaft and move the screw holes a little further apart. They were black, I painted the handles OD. I really enjoy being able to lock the cab.

aaron379

i got my doors locked for about 7 dollars simple and easy hasp at the bottom of driver door and just pull ur passenger handle up to lock it from the inside works great..... all a lock will do is keep an honest person honest let me know if u want to see a pic where my hasp is

ApopkaFL

Banned
I am going too install door poppers and electric locks and shave the door handles off. Its going on the Crew Cab 4 door Deuce I am building. So to open the door all I`ll have to do is press a button on the remote and it will pop open. I am just going to do the front doors. The rear doors I will just keep locked. I plan on shaving them as well, I can just reach in and open them if needed.

Rodman