• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing front leg for M66 Ringmount

jime

Any hints for mounting this thing in the bracket? (the passenger side bracket behind the mirror) I started by just loosening the outer 2 bolts. Could'nt get it into to bracket until I took out the bolts in the door jam area. Now that its in the bracket, I'm having trouble lining up the jam screws. What's the correct process?

txdodge43man

I had to fight with mine too. what i did is took the bracket off the truck and used some C camps to hold the hole thing together then using some line up bar I forced it all back together it was not a easy process. there is a USMC manual in the TM section on the M66 gun ring but I have not read it.

jime

there is a USMC manual in the TM section on the M66 gun ring but I have not read it.
Read the TM? Never thought of that! :-D

Good idea on the 'C' clamps. I'll keep beating on it!

What distance do you have between the top of the door bracket and the bottom of the bracket on the leg?

Kohburn

you will want to loosent he bolts int he door jam without removing them. it give you a little more slop without having to fight to line them up again.

Varyag

The door jam was a total pita for me. After I had that all bolted in I use a couple pry bars to spread the clamp enough to wedge the pole in. I then made good use of a large sledge hammer to seat the pole down where it should be.

flyxpl

I loosened the bolts in jamb , but not all the way out , wedged a few chisels between the clamp halfs , then once the leg was started I put a board on top of the leg and tapped it ( BEAT IT ) until it was the proper depth .

wsucougarx

I found this install as tedious as changing a front axle boot. It is definately a test of patience. So much so I failed on the first one so I installed a second one on another truck....still failed:) Now I just need to find a lonely ring mount somewhere.

jime

Looks like most folks are loosening the door jam bolt, but not all the way out and wedging. I'll get the BFH and try it again.

Anyone have a good distance for the top of the door bracket to the bottom of the bracket on the leg?

Thanks for the help. Thought I was wacked out for the difficulty I was having!

jwaller

it is a pain. there should be an alignment hole in the leg. each leg has one, should get a pin such that if the clamp gets loose the leg won't slide down.

it is also adjustable so that you can move the whole assm up and down for different height gunners, so with that regard there is no correct location for it. just make sure that when you've got all of them installed, it is lever so that the ring spins smoothly.

flyxpl

Probally not in the states . I would geuss this stuff is not allowed to be exported / sold too non US citezen . Just my guess .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks