• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

installing pto lever

recon

I now have all the parts to install a winch on my m35a2 wo/w. I can see where the opening in the floor is supposed to go for the pto control lever. Is it a true knockout or do I need to cut it out? Any suggestions to make that opening?
Thanks in advance
Recon

wsucougarx

2/3 trucks were a bear to knock out. I ended up bending the edges around the knockout:roll: If you are having troubles, use a drill motor to add a "connect the dots" arrangement around the knockout, then use a flat hear screwdriver or chisel and knock it out little by little.

JCKnife

I must have one of those "bear to knock out" trucks. Been beating on it with a punch and a BFH to no avail.

Edit: it's out! Really wouldn't call it a knock out more of a "cut here" line. Used the dremel and cut it in two halves then pliers to work them out, then had to go back and smooth the sharp edges with a stone on the dremel.

Last edited: