• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

installing spacers

rickta24

how do you tighten down the spacers on the front? It keeps spinning on me.

also, does anyone have a pic where you can show me what to trim off the front end to run 36"?

AJMBLAZER

Someone to push down on the brakes is the best solution.

Go to the CarDomain site in my profile and below this post and you'll see pictures of my 1008 when I first got it. 36x12.5-16.5 RT/II's with no lift but I was helped by the GM OEM 16.5" wheels that were 3" narrower than the HMMWV wheels.

ultim8gamr

if you have no one to put a spare foot on the brakes: for changing wheels i lock the hubs and shift it to 4x4 then put the trans in park. or to be better on the trans, shift it to neutral and then apply the parking brake.

Angus1

You should check your local inspection laws. In Pa. we are not allowed to run a spacer more than a 1/4 inch on a street legal vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks