• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing the H4 head light.

1951M1078

Just installed the H4 head lights. Like the idea that I can get the bulbs when needed. And if I wanted to brake the law go to a higher watt ! LOL

IMG_3355.jpgIMG_3354.jpgIMG_3356.jpgIMG_3357.jpgIMG_3353.jpg

Install went fast. Also got to get some grease on the screws to stop the rust. But I will never know how much better it is ? LOL

Randy

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

thought about some of those found out they are not waterproof so I suppose I will go with the expensive truck light models. waterproof is something I have to be concerned about as some job sites I go to require crossing rivers.

coachgeo

With the cheaper lens I got I found the OEM bolts that hold them in via the Lens retainer ring are not long enough. Difference is the 3 locating tabs on the new bulb protrude more than OEM bulb thus longer bolts needed. Have not dealt with it yet. Will follow up later when I do. There is a possibility that as I tighten them down with longer bots it will bend the tabs a bit and make it a mute point once first installed. Esp. If i tweak the shape of the metal tabs first allowing them to compress easily for a "custom fit" :whistle:

Oh and the Yeep and Yota guy's have reported no issues with the water resistant types so maybe the water proof are overkill?

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran the Hella H4's probably a million miles & "water resistance" seem to be enough. A trick that I learned about flying rocks that do a chip that penetrates the lense & leaves a BB hole - Daub a little silicone over the hole before rain/moisture gets inside the housing. You can do it at any temperature, and it will get you home. Here in the North, one carries spares anyway, but its not always convenient changing them on the road. The neat thing about Hellas is they have a wider field of view then others, illuminating the ditch better. In my book, moose have the right-of-way. My Deuce has them - they fit right in with 24V bulbs.

snowtrac nome

I had hellas once they didn't work as well after the reflector was scratched should have replaced then sooner in the summer I can cross water to get to the job that walk across in knee high boots in the morning and at night it can un passable for a pickup. I can see headlights taking a dip

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
ARB makes a pretty durable pair. The euro versions of pretty much all the H4 housings with the city light bulb locations are thin glass and under-size they dont work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks