• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing winch seals

avengeusa

you need the proper seal driver to install them without damage.....

i am waiting for some seals and am going to make the driver for those

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can tap them in with a hammer but you have to be careful or you will destroy the seals. There is kind of a art to it to get it sarted but the main thing is to just be patient and try not to force it. Also make sure you only drive on the outer edge. One miss lick and the seal is ruined.

The proper way is to use a seal driver as said above. Most people don't have one (me included) so you have to make do.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a hammer but drive the actual seals with a piece of white pine about 1 1/2" wide to give me more surface area to work with. Easier on the seal casing.

Last edited:

Hooty481

got all seals in no problem... oiled them a little on the outside and oiled the housing... then took the old seal and laid it on top of the new seal and started taping in a circle motion until the whole seal was completely started then i started with a little more agressive but still not more than a tap until the old seal was hitting the surface of the housing wich told me that the seals were seated properly...

all was actually very simple...

as for removing the old seal take a seal puller bout 5 bucks at a parts house... or you can use a flat screw driver and pry them out from the center... try not to completely destroy them bc they work really great for a seal driver...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks