• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Instant horsepower

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Using N2O in the GTO.

Works great but expensive.

Costs $1 per second to use.

10lb bottle lasts only 30-45sec. Cheaper when bought in big cyl.Hassle to change bottles,re-fill them,and there not much good when empty...Try more boost or an intercooler.

JimK

area52

RE: Re: RE: Instant horsepower

Funny thing about passing people when driving a deuce - I drove mine over 800 miles from California to New Mexico and passed a grand total of one (1) other vehicle that wasn't broke down.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

HRD was running propane on his LDT before the Cummins swap.

SasquatchSanta

I'm in the process of putting together the parts for a system to inject propane. It's my belief that doing so on a conservative basis (5% on a BTU basis max) will decrease EGTs and increase power and overall fuel economy. I also believe that running a blend of waste engine oil is a plus with propane. More to follow.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Points well taken. It's been a while since I drove a duece. :oops:
I was speaking in the context of passing Grandpa on his daily Sunday drive on a two lane road (45 in a 55 zone). :roll:
I live near a large recreational lake and the rubberneckers are toads-in-the-road on weekends and holidays. :x
I just thought it would be nice to have a little extra umph if you need it. 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks