• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Instrument cluster plug/connector wiring diagram?

a68cudas

Been looking in the -20 Tm and i cant find a pic of the instrument cluster plug/connector and what all the wires listed? Can someone guide me in right direction. Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Schematic F-4, in the back of the -20 (top middle)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

a68cudas

Warthog your post was one of the first ones ive read. You have a picture of the instrument plug/connector with a couple of the wires marked. I couldnt find a diagram that showed the connector and displayed what wire was for what. I have a problem with the orange wire ( the picture you took of your connector shows it 3rd wire from left. That wire the cooper piece in the connector arcked against something when i was replacing cluster bulbs and trying to see if they worked. blew the fuse and just tip of that copper connector end of orange wire got . Nothing else but fuse in fuse box. So ive been trying to locate the cluster plug diagram so i can see what the wire goes to and trouble shoot after i put some sort of makeshift copper end for that wire in the connector.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you read the diagram.txt file attachment? It lists all the wires.

the orange wire is the 24v GEN2 wire. It is hot at all times. Goes straight to the 24v fuse. It will ground out on anything metal.

Last edited:

a68cudas

the orange wire is the 24v GEN2 wire. It is hot at all times. Goes straight to the 24v fuse. It will ground out on anything metal.
When i tried clicking on your link it takes me to a page that says "whoops the page could not be found, Try giving it another chance below" That is why i didnt read the diagram.txt

a68cudas

Yea it poped the fuse in fuse box. Is that the fuse you are referring to? i replaced that fuse and my voltmeter started to work again. but my gen 2 light isnt lighting up at all, ill play with bulb and socket see if i can get better connection and im gonna try solder just the end of that copper connector that arcked. I picked up some dieelectric grease and im gonna to apply to all sockets and connectors. Anything else i could have fried you can think of off hand? Thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll fix the diagram.txt. Richingaliston's diagram is much better.

The 24v fuse controls the GEN2 bulb/exciter circuit and the voltmeter. By arching the metal connector on the plug, it more than likely isn't making good contact.

With the plug unhooked , the down stream items (bulb, relay, diode, alternator) shouldn't have been affected. Only the fuse.

No idea at this point how to fix that contact. I'll have to look at an old plug.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks