• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

instrument cluster wiring diagram

csramsey640

I want to convert my stock instrument cluster to a factory GM one with gauges. I have a few wires that will not match with the new cluster. Is there any diagrams that show what the wires go to? Water temp works, fuel works, Gen 1 works, gen 2 not connected yet(NEED WIRE COLOR VERIFICATION), 4wd works, The oil pressure gauge works, but gets hot to touch, wires are not hot just guage its self.

Thanks

ssgtwright-usmc

You may need to get a new instrument cluster circuit board.
The wiring board you have on right now is made for warning lights and not for gauges.
You can order a new circuit board from www.lcm.com or www.classisparts.com
They run about $73-$79 for the circuit board with gauges.
I would check out a local scrape yard and get the whole instrument cluster with gauges.
I do not know if the instrument clusters are differant from ones made for warning light, gauges or tech.
I do know the circuit boards are totally differant.

csramsey640

I have replaced the entire cluster, pigtail and both sending units. The old cluster will not even allow gauges to be installed since there is no provision for them.

Problem im having is that the circuit board does not correspond with the dummy light version, ie where water temp gets signal on the dummy connector/board is not where it does on the gauge version, most of the wires color coating were the same, so it was easy just to verify function and then rewire

Everything is working, but I have 4 wires that are left over. 2 come from the 2nd Alt, but Im not able to tell which ones, there is a white wire that im unsure of, and also a black with red runner that im unsure of. I believe the 2nd gen used gray and a small brown

Hindsight, I prob would have added aftermarket gauges, but I want to keep the truck as close to original as possible to daily drive. I hate dummy lights because they only show the minimum, ie cruising with 20lbs of oil pressure is ok on the dummy. I want to have a better feel for what i assume :) is happening.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the dash on these?

Thanks

CCATLETT1984

look in the technical manuals, ALL the wires are labeled as to where they go and what color they are.

Its in the "direct Maint." manual that I have linked to in the sticky'd post at the top of the CUCV forum. The wiring is in appendix F

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks