• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Instrument panel completed

Warren Lovell

Here is a photo of my instrument panel. I had already painted it once and installed the gauges. My friend was painting his car at my garage and left it open and got overspray on my new gauges and panel. So apart it came and I had to polish the lenses. What a bitch that was.

Warren

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOOOW!

When I grow up, I want to do work THAT GOOD!! Honest, it looks excellent. Better than ANY type of paint that was EVER applied by the US Military, for sure.

WAY TO GO Warren!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That bright indicator light is sure going to be bright. Very clean dash. Are the decals your own are they from a supplier like Rick Larsen? My old dropside had one of the red low air lights mounted in the dash above the flame heater and was wired to an M151 brake light switch mounted below the e-brake. Worked great as an e-brake warning.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good grief!!!!

That is AWESOME!!!!!

Warren Lovell

Thanks guys. The paint is acrylic urethane (w/ hardner. 4:1:1).

I bought the truck a year ago. I drove it up until about 5 months ago and decided it was "overhaulin" time. I wanted the inside to look nice for when I take the wife out to dinner...in the desert!

Some of the decals are from Rick Larsen. He also supplied all the stencils for my WWII army jeep.

I was thinking about going to a one piece front windshield since I have never folded out my windows except for when I work on the interior. I hear the one piece windows solve the leaking problem.

Warren

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard the same about the 1 piecers. DR has one on his truck. While it solves the problem, I didn;t care for the looks too much. I need the glass to open, it gets hot here.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DR was dead set against open windows. He's planning a/c for the truck. While I love my a/c and would put it in a CUCV or M880, I doubt that I'll ever a/c a deuce.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DR lives in the land that was BUILT because of the invention of A/C. Yes, Houston was there before A/C but it didn't start to get HUGE until A/C had been around for a long time.

If the single front window solves a 'leaking' problem and DR has no intentions of opening it, all I've got to say is 'GOOD ON YA MATE'!

houdel

Hi Warren - Love the pics of your refurbished instrument panel, but where did you get the blue lense for the high beam indicator. I sure would love one for my Duece. Also, do you know where I can get some IP panel light assemblies, such as the high beam or front axle shift light? I'd like to add a E-brake warning light into my IP but can't seem to find the complete indicator lamp assemblies. Tried Saturn, but maybe I was looking for the wrong item description. Thanks, Lee

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks