• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Instrument panel mods

rrrr

I'm thinking about doing some mods to my panel. I would like to install a pyro and boost gauge in line with the 3 lower gauges by either cutting out the lower portion of the panel and installing a plate with 5 2 inch instrument holes cut in and evenly spaced for a clean look. In addition, add another instrument light and possibly an air pressure light in conjunction with the buzzer.

Anybody have experience doing this ? Any pictures of the mod ?

I'm going out this morning to do some measurements to see if its even possible. I'm also thinking that if its not expensive getting another panel to setup and not use my original panel. I guess I'll check to see who has some !

Last edited:

jaxsof

We have a member in Brazil, paulopinto, who has done a beautiful modification to an M35 cluster. I looked, but it appears that the thread has disappeared, maybe in one of the crashes. The whole truck, including the dash can still be seen at his site though: www.reo6x6.com.br

Enjoy

Maverick1701

We have a member in Brazil, paulopinto, who has done a beautiful modification to an M35 cluster. I looked, but it appears that the thread has disappeared, maybe in one of the crashes. The whole truck, including the dash can still be seen at his site though: www.reo6x6.com.br

Enjoy
here are his pictures...

Attachments

sp00n

What have some of you come up with for cluster lighting for night time excursions? The two red bulbs do an excellent job of blinding me and make it harder to see the gauges in the dark. My current solution is a roll of duct tape in the seat with a flashlight sitting atop of that pointed at the gauges. Not exactly high tech.

tm america

i installed a boost gage in the bottom left of my gage panel..works nicely.I slit the gage so the stock light does the boost gage same as the others

Maverick1701

What have some of you come up with for cluster lighting for night time excursions? The two red bulbs do an excellent job of blinding me and make it harder to see the gauges in the dark. My current solution is a roll of duct tape in the seat with a flashlight sitting atop of that pointed at the gauges. Not exactly high tech.

ROBAR found some cheap little LED strips that he bent around the gauges and wired in w/GREAT results. I use my cell phone to light up the gauges when I check them on the road.

runk

cover and clean sides

You still have the metal covers over the lights ? No light should come out of the front of the panel. Even the brights and air shift should only show a little dot in the center of the cover.

If your covers are missing, paint or tape the lenses over. Then clean the barrel (sides) of the lenses (when assembled, this would be on the backside of the panel), and the sides of the gauges where there are slots (again, backside of the panel) for the light to shine through. You really have to remove the panel and pull the gauges out to do a good job. Makes a huge difference, I can actually use my gauges at night !

asgtoolman

You still have the metal covers over the lights ? No light should come out of the front of the panel. Even the brights and air shift should only show a little dot in the center of the cover.

If your covers are missing, paint or tape the lenses over. Then clean the barrel (sides) of the lenses (when assembled, this would be on the backside of the panel), and the sides of the gauges where there are slots (again, backside of the panel) for the light to shine through. You really have to remove the panel and pull the gauges out to do a good job. Makes a huge difference, I can actually use my gauges at night !

The only light I have that I do not cover is my LOW AIR WARNING --I want it to blind me if it lights up!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks