• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

insurance for m1008 in michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

butch32

After trying to insure my m1008 at my local progressive insurance agent and they denied me as it is a mv vehicle. So I proceeded browsing posts here using the search feature but not really finding anything worth while except for other states. Would like to know from other 1008 owners especially here in Michigan who they have for a insurance. All I want is the cheapest coverage just to get it on the road and take it out hunting or just to take it out and stretch its legs for a pleasure drive. Look foward to hearing from all cucv owners that have insurance. Thanks Butch.

Armada

I use Farmers for my cucv's. I have a super agent! Let me know if you want his contact info. For my larger vehicles I use Grange. When checking for quotes just tell them K30 w/ 6.2 diesel.

Dodgeman1941

In MI, I have Auto-Owners for my m1009 and m35 under my commercial policy {m35 with historical plates and the half price mvcc}. I would assume that if you walked into a indapendent agent, you would be able to get a personal Auto-Owners policy from them. Also, might I recommend down playing the mv thing, it is not an m1008 it is a chevy pick up, it's not a m1009, it's a chevy blazer.

Also, In Holland, Lighthouse Insurance and Berense Hendricks and Stuit have Auto Owners, I don't know if either have a office in South Haven.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All three of mine are insured through State Farm. M35 needed commercial insurance because of the GVW. My M1028A1 is insured as a K30 and my M1009 is insured as a K5.

derby

I don't believe you need commercial ins on a deuce. are you useing it to make money? I use Liberty Mutual for all my trucks, no problems. keep in mind it "was" a MV. now it is just a camo truck errr.......green and black two tone with brown accents.:wink:

Lawrence of Arabia

I have mine insured through Progressive, but it is a Commercial Policy. Don't think that has anything to do with it as far as the CUCV, but I did have to have the Deuce under my commercial policy.

143SE8

My M1028 is with USAA in Colorado. USAA is now available to anyone who has an honorable discharge and their rates are the best. Jim N0EYZ

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't believe you need commercial ins on a deuce. are you useing it to make money? I use Liberty Mutual for all my trucks, no problems. keep in mind it "was" a MV. now it is just a camo truck errr.......green and black two tone with brown accents.:wink:

Apparently that is State Farm's policy on vehicles that heavy, no matter what it's used for. I don't know where they draw the line weight wise. I'ts registered as a historical vehicle but that didn't matter either.

ssgtwright-usmc

I have progressive and I told them its a Chevy K30. Maybe the agent you were talking too was taught not to insure anything that starts with a M or sounds military.
Just tell them K30 and then they will know its a pickup that wasnt modified.
If its been lifted, dont tell them that then they will want pictures.

1stDeuce

I've insured the old M1008 and the deuce through Citizens, on my normal policy. They ask what is the vehicle and I give the vin and a description. (Chevy K30, AM General M35...) The deuce is historic plated, and no GVWR is specified on my title, but they also don't ask... It's just another of my vehicles as far as my agent is concerned, most of which are liability only.
I keep meaning to get it insured historic, as that would cut the insurance in half, but I haven't had it insured much this year anyway.

C

AJMBLAZER

State Farm. Big Ugly is still reg'd and insured in Michigan.

You WILL have to give them the VIN eventually. They'll probably get confused by the D in there where a civilian truck would have a...I think...G. Just means it was bought by the government. I had to explain to them a few times that it was a stock standard Chevy K30 pickup bought by the government and they took pictures but it worked out. Three years later it's been insured with no troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks