• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance for the Deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigM

how do you guys have your deuce insured.. i called to ask about it today.. and without a make modle and vin the lady couldnt really tell me much.. she did say it would be like a show car...

but does the deuce have a vin number, and who are they made by.. am general? and what about model...

Thanks guys

Low-Tech-Redneck

Depends on the year of the truck, Pre 1970 or thereabouts the maker will be Kaiser-Jeep, post that, AM General. Check your data plates on your dash, your truck's VIN should be listed on that, if they're gone or badly damaged, it's also stamped on a frame rail somewhere, I don't know exactly where, but it's been mentioned here before

When we got ours insured, it was insured as an "army Jeep" since it was built by Kaiser-Jeep and as an antique, I strongly recommend you look into getting it some antique plates since insurance for those will be cheaper than regular daily driver or commercial plates

Check your state vehicles code and see if that's an option, as long as you don't mind a few restrictions on driving it all the time, since you'll be limitied to probably only 1 or 2 days a week of driving if you get it antique plated

h1crwchf

Geico

I have my Deuce insured through Geico, liability only, runs me about $200 a year. I just added it to my existing policy and all they cared about was year, make model, vin, and number of miles I was going to drive. They did not care if it was prior military, or anything else. I will say Geico computers do not like the VIN. Every few weeks I get a letter to verify the VIN. I called them two times to verify but now they tell me to disregard the letters and that everything is fine. Geico has been real easy to work with.

Brad900

I have mine with American Collectors Insurance. $145 a year full coverage($100,000 policy with no deductible). The VIN is on the data plate on the dash. The VIN is also stamped on the drivers frame rail at the front tire.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Gulfway in Tampa. $185 yr full coverage. No garage, towing or mileage restrictions. Need to call them about my new Stude!

FSBruva

DITTO!!

Gulfway quoted me $181 a year for mine - they were the only folks who could help me, because I don't have a locked garage big enough for the deuce.

And, registering historical is $35 for 10 years!!!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks