• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance from Progressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrArmyAnt

They progressive website did a quote on it as an agriculture vehicle since it spends most time at an offroad park. Asked for year value and a hand typed make and model and insured me. Confused I called in and I told the lady the vin and specific model and they insured it for 176 for 6 months... I'm 24 and that's what I used to pay on my motorcycle... Do they have a GVW limit or something?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went with State Farm for my Deuces. Progressive was a couple of dollars less expensive. However, my Progressive quote was not for an agricultural vehicle. Make sure the description is correct. You don't want to get in an accident and have Progressive refuse to cover you because the incorrect vehicle description was used. I always make sure I have good liability coverage as a Deuce can eat up a car in an accident.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As glcaines said, make sure your truck matches what the policy definition of "my insured auto" says and then check the part of the policy called "Exclusions."

When I worked for Progressive they would not cover anything over 10k GVW unless it was on a Commercial Policy and you wouldn't have gotten one of those that cheap.

wikallen

Mine is on a Progressive commercial policy and it is about 300 a year. I gave them the Make Year Model and GVW, and they said no problem.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have Progressive also, they called it a commercial policy for non-commercial use, meaning I can't use it to make money basically. I think mine is around $360 a year for liability.

army_man15

I have a progressive commercial policy for commercial use and had no issue, just gave them my gvw, make, and model. Can't remember exactly what it is a year I'l have to look.

Oldfart

Been using Farm Bureau for years. We have a package policy that covers the livestock, equipment and everything. I became convinced they were the company for us when I found out they would insure a flatbed farm truck for $50. When both my kids were teenage it was only $300 a year to add them to the policy. We use an agent 40 miles away because the town has grown around the farm and the local agents don't know the difference between a bovine and an ovine. For that matter, they don't comprehend anything larger than an SUV.

Cleptomaniac

I'm 28 and in Yukon OK. I have a Progressiv comercial policy that was written buy the AAA office on NW 39th and Portland. If you go in their and talk to the realy old guy he knows what he is doing. I pay 370 a year.

Hope this helps.

-Danny

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is on a Progressive commercial policy and it is about 300 a year. I gave them the Make Year Model and GVW, and they said no problem.
My comments were geared toward people in the past who tried to get by with a deuce on a personal auto policy. The comment was always "well they wrote it so they have to cover it" which is not the case. If you're driving something that doesn't meet the definition of an "auto" under the policy (in this case an auto policy that defines an "auto" as having 2 axles and under 10k GVW) then you're SOL. Agents who say they have to cover it and go after their Errors and Omissions coverage are playing with the insureds pocketbook not their own.

MrArmyAnt

I'm 28 and in Yukon OK. I have a Progressiv comercial policy that was written buy the AAA office on NW 39th and Portland. If you go in their and talk to the realy old guy he knows what he is doing. I pay 370 a year.

Hope this helps.

-Danny
Awesome! Do you have a phone number? I'm currently getting a quote from FB and Gulfway as well. FB wants all my vehicles and won't do just the deuce, but USAA's prices have been out of this world recently.

Anyone ever filed a claim with FB? Any experience?

Mine is on Progressive also, it's a commercial policy for liability and Medical Expenses.

My agent knows exactly what I have, I had to send pictures to them and explain what I was using it for.

It's around $700 per year here, but insurance is always higher in Louisiana.

LC

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
every state is different, Here in the Great Lake State, progressive will not insure a deuce.
anything over 10k and or more than 6 wheels must go through their commercial division.
The comercial division will not insure former military vehicles.
Now, just because an agent sells you a policy doesn't mean that you are covered.

Progressive did however cover my USAF ambulance under a recreational vehicle policy as it is titled as a motorhome and is essentially a 1 ton Dodge truck with a normal vin. Even did an agreed value policy due to it's age.

Oldfart

Anyone ever filed a claim with FB? Any experience?

Threw a tread and wiped out $4000 worth of fender, bumper and running board. Got a check in short order with no fuss (less my $500 deductable of course.)

Last edited:

mactiredearg

every state is different, Here in the Great Lake State, progressive will not insure a deuce.
anything over 10k and or more than 6 wheels must go through their commercial division.
The comercial division will not insure former military vehicles.
Thats the party line I got from Progressive after checking with both a local agent here in Colorado and their national 800 number. The national line basically hung up on me after finding out that the vehicle was surplus military.

JDToumanian

Read about Pete r Le wis (ceo), Geo rge So r os, and Move On dot org and you'll never give Progress ive one cent of your money again. They are not your friends. Just sayin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks