• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IA Insurance questions...

gman1322

What insurance are you using and any issues at the DMV?

What do you say to insurance companies about the particular use of the vehicle? Currently trying to go thru Hagerty but they seem to be very interested in what you want to use it for.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What insurance are you using and any issues at the DMV?

What do you say to insurance companies about the particular use of the vehicle? Currently trying to go thru Hagerty but they seem to be very interested in what you want to use it for.
Guessing that you are in Iowa (based on your login)?

Remember, what you want to do is be truthful with the insurance agent. If you plan to drive your MV daily, then tell them so. If you plan on driving it to parades and around the block once a week, tell them that. Use of the vehicle helps determine the insurance agency's "risk" assesment. If you plan to haul stuff for other folks - that is an entirely different thing - and that requires other insurance.

gman1322

Guessing that you are in Iowa (based on your login)?

Remember, what you want to do is be truthful with the insurance agent. If you plan to drive your MV daily, then tell them so. If you plan on driving it to parades and around the block once a week, tell them that. Use of the vehicle helps determine the insurance agency's "risk" assesment. If you plan to haul stuff for other folks - that is an entirely different thing - and that requires other insurance.
Maybe some parades locally if asked. Other than that, just personal use, hauling some stuff from the hardware store and maybe camping. Definitely not for hire or commercial use.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Maybe some parades locally if asked. Other than that, just personal use, hauling some stuff from the hardware store and maybe camping. Definitely not for hire or commercial use.
Sounds like exactly what you need to tell the agent.
That shouldn't raise the eyebrows of the folks wanting to insure your vehicle.

Gastrap

I use State Farm and didn't have any trouble. My 2006 M1097 is listed as an antique with an agreed value, told them It's driven for fun or work just like any other vehicle. They wanted a bunch of pictures, just like the rest of my old vehicles I have with them. No problems with licensing, I applied for a bonded title and walked out with plates in 5 minutes.

gman1322

I use State Farm and didn't have any trouble. My 2006 M1097 is listed as an antique with an agreed value, told them It's driven for fun or work just like any other vehicle. They wanted a bunch of pictures, just like the rest of my old vehicles I have with them. No problems with licensing, I applied for a bonded title and walked out with plates in 5 minutes.
I have not tried state farm. Might give them a call.

Thanks.