• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance What To Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottleworks

dm22630 said:
My coverage is:

$5000 value per deuce
$50k per person/$100k per accident (bodily injury)
$50k per accident (property damage)
$50k per person/$100k per accident (uninsured motorists bodily injury)
$50k per accident (uninsured motorists property damage)
Might want to consider better coverage. Anything that they don't cover, the selling of your house will.

100K (two people max) of medical bills per wreck is nothing. Same for property damage. 50K may not cover the cost of one late model car. A Deuce won't cause fender benders. It will cause houses and cars being totaled...and potential death.

FreightTrain

Banned
I have Progressive Commercial with then knowing what the truck is and what I plan on doing with it(Hauling stuff now and again) and pay $700 a year for two trucks.

bottleworks said:
dm22630 said:
My coverage is:

$5000 value per deuce
Might want to consider better coverage. Anything that they don't cover, the selling of your house will.

100K (two people max) of medical bills per wreck is nothing. Same for property damage. 50K may not cover the cost of one late model car. A Deuce won't cause fender benders. It will cause houses and cars being totaled...and potential death.

:ditto: Personally i would double every one of them coverage maxs as a minimum. But thats just my 2cents

FormerNewMVGuy

Racky said:
Ok guys I just got my title from Government Liquidation for my 1975 M35a2c.Now the hard part. I live In NJ HA HA HA I know but that is another subject for another time.I tried Haggerty Ins They turned me down because I told them I wanted to haul firewood maybe twice a year for personal use.I than tried American Collectors they turned me down because I didnt have a garage big enough to park the deuce in.I than tried my automobile ins co (New Jersey Manufacturers Ins Co) They turned me down because the Deuce is considered a commercial vehicle because of the 10 tires and 3 axles. I am at wits end any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks Racky
I live here in NJ also, I use Condon and Skelly, They just do antique ins. $102 a year I just told them i didnt have a big enough garage to fit it in and they said OK, The antique plates were 44 bucks here in this communist state of NJ

rd69599

I just got mine tagged and insured last week. I put historical tags on the truck with general liability. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Insurance was $168 per year. I was suprised how cheep this was, I assume that nobody at the insurance office knows what a duce and a half even is. Anything goes in Ky. Good luck in Nj. Hope it works out.

steelandcanvas

Hagerty has my Deuce insured. No storing in a garage required. No restrictions on using it for non-commercial activities. Must not be daily driver. I cannot haul people in the bed. $240 a year.

joesco

I second Gulfway and the service from Sonya was excellent. Got my binder, still waiting for my policy, but you can't beat the price and coverage.

BEASTMASTER

you guys could try SAF-TY INS.JUST STARTED COVERING BIG TUCKS IN MA.you can get antique comm. plates but you can't haul anything.you're not supposed to haul anything.

scooter01922

I have safety for my car and bike, they are super down at the local office. But it was gonna cost a ton to insure it with them as a regular truck. I would go the antique way but i have some occasional work that would really go faster having a deuce. Hauling some firewood once or twice a year, and perhaps towing the bobcat or backhoe here and there.

bmH1065

I haven't gotten my policy from State Farm yet.(86 every 6 months) Liability only. They said nothing about a garage. They did ask me what I was going to do with it and told them I was going to use it mostly for the American Legion. They told me I couldn't get it under my farm because I only have 137A. Did tell them I might haul a little grain and they didn't say anything. (Want to make the bed dump if not too expensive)

joeM62

i'm waiting on state farm they told me they would do it but for $234 for 6 months and have on side the road assintance put with truck.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
steelandcanvas said:
Hagerty has my Deuce insured. No storing in a garage required. No restrictions on using it for non-commercial activities. Must not be daily driver. I cannot haul people in the bed. $240 a year.
You are lucky then. I e-mailed them and talked to them on the phone and both ways it was the same, no garage, no insurance. Period, no exceptions.

Makes me wonder how they can do yours and not mine.

Mystery of the universe I guess.

steve

Rolling_Eudaimonia

I got state farm insurance for mine, and I plan on driving it daily... Very low cost, very simple but I live in Kentucky perhaps they are cheaper than in NJ, I used to live in NY that was expensive...

JasonS

Offroadfabworks said:
bottleworks said:
dm22630 said:
My coverage is:

$5000 value per deuce

:ditto: Personally i would double every one of them coverage maxs as a minimum. But thats just my 2cents
I found it cheaper to leave the coverage as is and add a blanket liability policy.

Staffsargent

What the Insurance Co. doesn't know, ant going to hurt you. Otherwise don't ask, don't tell!!! If they ask if it is garage keep, say yes. Are they going to come to your house and look, I don't think so!

Jakob

rd69599 said:
I just got mine tagged and insured last week. I put historical tags on the truck with general liability. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Insurance was $168 per year. I was suprised how cheep this was, I assume that nobody at the insurance office knows what a duce and a half even is. Anything goes in Ky. Good luck in Nj. Hope it works out.
Mine's not tagged yet, but I put insurance on it for the drive home. I pay just $21 or $22 a month for coverage through USAA. They didn't ask anything out of ordinary about the truck; just make, ID # and a couple other questions about the truck itself. They didn't ask it's intended usage or anything. The only thing aside from truck info they wanted to know was approximately how many miles it'd be driven a year, 0-2500 miles is the same. At first I told her maybe 1000 miles a year, but she told me that so I went ahead and upped it to 2400.

hobie237

Progressive won't cover a vehicle with a military VIN, even my CUCV, even under their commercial arm, or at least that's what they told me. I tried to explain that if I painted it a color other than camo, you'd be hard pressed to quickly identify it as a military vehicle, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Geico, on the other hand, recognizes that it's just a K30 with some minor modifications.

You could try Sneed, a lot of the guys with modified/low mileage original/whatever Miatas have had good luck with them, but I'm not sure if they cover something as big as a Deuce.

Status
Not open for further replies.