• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
OK...this ain't funny anymore.

I have called all the usual suspects for MV insurance and nobody will touch my newly aquired (but not picked up) M52.
USAA...NOPE...Hagerty's......nope......

Any insight appreciated. I need insurance or I will have to have it towed off GL's lot in Indy.

sermis

Not sure if size is the problem with Hagerty. I have both my M725 and M35 with them.
The answers to thier questions
Garaged Yes
Off Road No
Towing No

halftrack

When I talked to USAA they said they would not insure it on a permanent basis, but would insure it for me to pick my truck up from the auction site to drive it home. However, I just end up with JC Taylor for my M35 insurance provider.

Sarge

Big truck insurance

I don't know the deal in Alabama, but here in Texas State Farm insures my stuff for $78 to $100 a year. The catch is, they are all registered as historic vehicles. Club events, parades, airshows, maintenance runs, that's pretty much it.
Give them a call....
-Sarge

OSO

I have State Farm, costly they put me on a commercial policy . I have that M139 bridge support truck 1953 yr built. The story from JC Taylor not restored enough ,too much rust . Until I get some body work done on it I will still be paying close to $800.00 a year aua I need a good looking front bumper for that 5 Ton Just will have to give a liquid overhaul to get the insurance down. With the rain starting ,looks like long time toget paint on it!

dma251

OSO said:
I have State Farm, costly they put me on a commercial policy . I have that M139 bridge support truck 1953 yr built. The story from JC Taylor not restored enough ,too much rust . Until I get some body work done on it I will still be paying close to $800.00 a year aua I need a good looking front bumper for that 5 Ton Just will have to give a liquid overhaul to get the insurance down. With the rain starting ,looks like long time toget paint on it!

Hey OSO, did you register it with collector vehicle plates? I know it won't help with the insurance, just wondering. For a $700 per year difference I'd grab a gallon or two of Gillespie 383 and shoot it outside just to get it one color and drive it down to the insurance office. WHo cares what it looks like - it's bound to look better then it does right now, and you'll be saving HUGE money on the insurance until the spring when you put a nice coat on it.

Just my .02 cents worth.

(hemtt's comign along swell, by the way... - gonna take it to the Portland Nationals in August)

JeepMan

Could I throw something in here.
I think it would be very prudent to look at what kind of protection your getting for the dollar amount paid.
I mean just think of what kind of damage you can do to someone else bodily and thier vehicle and it would'nt take very long to exceed the limits on the policy.
Better to have more than needed and beware of any or all exclusions.
(Just my opionion, I am not an insurance salesperson).

DanMartin

Recovry4x4 said:
Or.....Gulfway in Tampa!
Gulfway also for me...very easy and great to deal with. Not the best price, but they did it all for me in like 24 hours, and I had the insurance binder in my pocket when I picked up the truck (via fax).

They will need copies of your current insurance so they can prove that this is not your primary vehicle, so be prepared to send them you actual policy info if you decide to go with them.

El_Guapo

I went with Gulfway, $140 a year for 300k coverage. They were very fast and accepted the GL pictures for the application. Yes, I'm expecting to go through a house or over a Bentley.

FreightTrain

Banned
Not to mention,if you didn't tell them everything or maybe fibbed a bid on your insurance.....it is basically null and void!They don't have to pay up if say,you have a blow out on the hghway and side swipe a car or van.That is why I pay $450 a year for Progressive insurance on a 14,000lb truck with a GVW of 24,000lbs used for personal use only.If some idiot cuts me off and a park on top of them I am covered!Even if they screwed up and gave you auto insurance on your Commercial truck they can pull some stunts and leave you will all the other guys repair bills,hospital bills,legal bills,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.