• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJMBLAZER

DDoyle is wrong then. It's a standard GM K30 pickup with some military spec parts in the starting and charging system to make it 24v. Every part under it is from the parts catalog for the K30's of that era. Not to mention...

...the difference between the K20's and the K30's it the rear spring setup and it's hangars and the highest rate front springs with the Dana 60 front axle instead of a 8 lug 10 bolt.

He's wrong with all due respect to the man.

ragedracer

The problem with this is if you are going through a local agent, like Allstate, State Farm, and many others require you to do, and they do not correctly represent what you have to the "Company" the "Company" does not have to honor the policy. Your only option then is to try and get the money out of the agent. Good luck.

Lot of misinformation in this thread. I'm not going to bother with my "qualifications", you'll just have to trust me. If the AGENT misrepresents the vehicle to the company, the company CANNOT deny the claim. It must be paid as if it were insured correctly. However, after they pay you, the company will subrogate against the agent's E&O coverage.

Hobie is correct on lying though. DON'T LIE TO YOUR AGENT.

rr

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lot of misinformation in this thread. I'm not going to bother with my "qualifications", you'll just have to trust me. If the AGENT misrepresents the vehicle to the company, the company CANNOT deny the claim. It must be paid as if it were insured correctly. However, after they pay you, the company will subrogate against the agent's E&O coverage.
That is in itself "misinformation." Each state has it's own individual insurance commission and therefore their own requirements. There is not a standard "national" requirement for anything. It is up to the state requirements and the company decision whether they want to honor what an agent represents and then go after the agent's Errors and Omission (E&O) coverage. Insurance companies have a hell of a lot of lawyers on their payroll and hire a hell of lot more outside attorneys to get out claims where their exposure is substantial (fatalites for example). If you get your policy in the mail and it says one thing and you're driving a different thing it's YOUR responsiblity to correct the mistake, not theirs.

Last edited:

hobie237

David Doyle says in his book it is a K20 truck with a K30 front axle and I'll belive him over you any day.

I'm done with this thread.

If he says it's a K20, he's wrong. Don't believe me, pull the VIN yourself. Or just open the glovebox and look at the options sticker. But maybe you'll believe him over GM. :roll:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I said I was done with this thread but I'll make one more post to try and clear the air.

Most all I know about the CUCVs is what I've read. If I was misinformed then I stand corrected :oops:.

hobie, I'll admit I'm wrong when I'm wrong with the best of them but for you to keep calling me a lier and accusing me of advocating insurance fraud is over the top.

hobie237

My calling you a liar was under the assumption that you knew what you were talking about and deliberately telling someone otherwise. My first assumption was incorrect.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
If he says it's a K20, he's wrong. Don't believe me, pull the VIN yourself. Or just open the glovebox and look at the options sticker. But maybe you'll believe him over GM. :roll:

Correct - there are some mistakes in this book that I was not allowed to correct - and this is one of them.

DD

hobie237

Correct - there are some mistakes in this book that I was not allowed to correct - and this is one of them.

DD

It happens. I've got a few friends who have written various technical books here and there, sometimes it's their error that they just missed, sometimes it's a printing error, sometimes nobody is quite sure where the heck the error came from.

Thanks for clarifying.

hobie237

What companies does AAA write for in your area? Here it's Travelers and somebody else that I can't remember, mostly just curious if it's the same companies everywhere or different in different areas. The rates were pretty good.

Stihl029

I know the thread is dead But I am adding to if for people who may search in the future. I have USAA. I gave them a description of my M1028 and the VIN(system had a hard time with the VIN and it was manually entered into the system). I had to tell the gal on the other end of the line that it was a military truck built on a Chevy K30 frame but rated for 5/4 ton. I was even able to have m1028 listed on the insurance card, which I was fairly happy with that way there are no questions down the road should something happen.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Basically similar with me listing my M35 with USAA. I told them it was an M35A2 former military truck with a weight of...whatever it was in the TM and gave them the VIN. I was floored when they didn't come back with a issue that the VIN didn't take. I even asked the guy and he said no problem, it took. I think that was because it had a previous private owner who had insurance that was other than USAA but it was probably still in the national database.

AJMBLAZER

Just tell them it's a Chevy K30 built for the military. The weight rating shouldn't be any different than the civilian vehicles, the military just actually called them the real number and not the traditional number.

hobie237

Just tell them it's a Chevy K30 built for the military. The weight rating shouldn't be any different than the civilian vehicles, the military just actually called them the real number and not the traditional number.

WHAT?!?!?!? You mean that a 1-ton pickup isn't rated for a cargo capacity of PRECISELY 2000 pounds? And a half ton isn't rated for EXACTLY 1000 pounds? And something like a "quarter ton" Colorado or Ranger actually may have a higher actual load capacity than the awful abortion of a truck known as the "half ton" Honda Ridgeline? Gasp. My universe is in chaos.

;-)

ABN173

wow, my 1008 is still sitting at the GL/DRMO yard as I am waiting on EUC still. I plan on using USAA I hope I don't have all these issues.....

Dale

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks