• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CO Insuring HMMWV NEWER than 20 years

Autonomy_Lost

I just went through all this trying to insure my 2007. Got turned down by JC Taylor and Hagerty, and hit a dead end with State Farm. I finally called a guy named Devin Ransom who has his own insurance agency and specializes in humvees (he owns one himself). Devin was super helpful and got me a great price for full coverage on my 2007 M1151 in about 15 minutes. He told me that he insures 3-4 humvees a day, so he's very well versed in dealing with the 6 digit serial numbers, etc.

He told me it was okay to post his information here. If anyone still needs help with insurance issues I would give Devin a call at (404) 693-6330.

BTW I have absolutely no affiliation with the guy and I've never even met him, just thought this information might help someone here.

Steveo22

I just went through all this trying to insure my 2007. Got turned down by JC Taylor and Hagerty, and hit a dead end with State Farm. I finally called a guy named Devin Ransom who has his own insurance agency and specializes in humvees (he owns one himself). Devin was super helpful and got me a great price for full coverage on my 2007 M1151 in about 15 minutes. He told me that he insures 3-4 humvees a day, so he's very well versed in dealing with the 6 digit serial numbers, etc.

He told me it was okay to post his information here. If anyone still needs help with insurance issues I would give Devin a call at (404) 693-6330.

BTW I have absolutely no affiliation with the guy and I've never even met him, just thought this information might help someone here.
Thanks for the information. I was able to my 2005 M1123 insured through Progressive. A bit pricey ($200 month) I’m sure that’s due to Michigans standards. Gonna be shopping around to see if I can get lower rate. I’ll definitely be giving Devin a call.

Autonomy_Lost

Thanks for the information. I was able to my 2005 M1123 insured through Progressive. A bit pricey ($200 month) I’m sure that’s due to Michigans standards. Gonna be shopping around to see if I can get lower rate. I’ll definitely be giving Devin a call.
For what its worth, he got me full coverage with a $30k replacement value for about $550 a year.

4x4Junkie13

For what its worth, he got me full coverage with a $30k replacement value for about $550 a year.
So, what is it insured as? Recreational vehicle, military vehicle, antique, museum piece?
a lot of them can only be driven so many miles and or used for specific things like parades.
I would like to register mine to be able to drive it anywhere any time.
Mine is a 2012

Autonomy_Lost

So, what is it insured as? Recreational vehicle, military vehicle, antique, museum piece?
a lot of them can only be driven so many miles and or used for specific things like parades.
Mine is a 2012
Its on a classic vehicle plan, no restrictions other than total annual mileage which i think is around 5000 but is not checked or verified in any way.

4x4Junkie13

Mine is a 2012
I was able to insure both my 2001 M1123 (agreed value of $30k) and 2012 M1167 (agreed value of $45k) with Progressive for $512 (6month period), no restrictions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks