• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intake modification Again...

jdeoliveira74

Ok so here I go again... Moding the 6.2 banks air box to accomodate more air. The original intake opening was only 2" od. So now I will do two snorkels.. The Plan is to re run both very close up the windshield and come right over the top of the truck, and connect in the center. Its going to double as a light bar also

Attachments

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd always thought it would be cool to run two air inlets to the headlight buckets and then mount DOT approved lights in the bumper. Kind of a forced-air setup.

Probably not good for water crossings or even rain, however.

Nice setup!

firefirefire90

maybe this is just me being OCD, but are you going to make that any bit more symmetrical? As in on either side they look the same. Example: E60 M5 engine bay: 2 separate intakes, but they both look like the other just flopped.

Attachments

jdeoliveira74

maybe this is just me being OCD, but are you going to make that any bit more symmetrical? As in on either side they look the same. Example: E60 M5 engine bay: 2 separate intakes, but they both look like the other just flopped.
yes the side with the open filter is temp. Till I can get the new snorkels made and roof light bar attached

jdeoliveira74

Ok test run today truck is definately has more power. Towing today I felt a big difference. Fuel mileage seems to be better but its hard to say till I get it out on the road and go for a long haul. Probably thursday for that then I can get a better feel for it.

dmilkman589

i was thinking about just taking the original cap and cutting the same size hole but on the opposite side. what kind of benifits do you think i could get from that? i mean it would be technically doubling the size of the whole

jdeoliveira74

i was thinking about just taking the original cap and cutting the same size hole but on the opposite side. what kind of benifits do you think i could get from that? i mean it would be technically doubling the size of the whole
the only proplem with the stock air cleaner housing is the more you open it up the louder the engine gets. I stacked two air cleaners on top of each other at first and it was so loud in the truck you couldnt even hear yourself think. If you cut the second hole I suggest you run a duct from the hole to the front of the radiator . But I do think you will feel it a bit in the torque

jdeoliveira74

Havent gotten that far for mpg. but as far as torque I felt a big difference. I think I am also going to raise the air box about 3" higher which should help some more. I will know better on my next highway trip end of week

bushhawg73

I sure wish I could find the banks part so I could do somthing similar, The junk yards around here are few and far between. Anyone have a suggestions on sourcing the needed part?

jdeoliveira74

ok So the wifey drove the truck yesterday cause her's is in the shop. She did around 215 miles around town and highway and used a little less then half a tank. so looks like around 430 to a tank. I will have a better idea tomorrow. I have a 4hr trip towing tomorrow

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks