• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

intake noise reduction with a cold air tube

b4thundr

OK so i did a search on reducing intake noise and i think i wanna try a cold air tube does anybody know where i can get one? Thanks!

Hasdrubal

I put a plastic "intake muffler" on mine from a civy chev diesel. My friend who has several CUCV's, put them on all his fleet. Cuts down the intake noise. Look around at a chevy truck parts wrecker.

Chieftawny

I didn't make that one. Found it doing a google seach. Found some guys using a fire extinguisher and cutting the bottoms off, drilling/cutting a hole in the side of it and adding their pipe to it. Just used it for an example of how easily you could make your own. But the second battery placement would be an issue on the mv's i guess. found other guys using the old dual air intake cleaners and running piping down to the rad support like the old muscle cars.

Found the thread. You have to be a member to see pics though.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356292

Last edited:

Dodgeman1941

Our tube assy came of a Chevy/GMC Topkick truck. We drilled out the spotwelds on the snorkel of the original CUCV filterhousing cut a second intake hole and pop rivited the topkicks bigger snorkel on and then used the topkick 5-6" tube to the rad support. Removed the knock out and mounted it there for fresh air.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a airfilter housing from a 92 civi truck. The intake opening is much larger and i noticed a small increase in seat of the pants power. I'm looking for a hose to run it to the rad support now. Although it did reduce the noise alot on it's own.