• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interchangable parts M105, M101

deuceaid

Banned
I dont think My question will get answered since that thread got moved to the classified section and could be deleted in the future (its not my thread).....

So here it goes, My first question

Do the bow corners ( the metal part only) from the older style wooden bow sets interchange between m105 bows and m101 bows? So far I know the vertical leg is metal for the 105, and wood for the 101.

The all metal bow will work on either trailer by simply switching the bolt pattern on the metal bow itself. Does this mean the stake pocket is the same on all models of trailers, and if so why do the old bows use metal for the 105 and wood for the 101?

I spent half the day beating the snot out of my side panels to get them out in order to swap them side for side (wood slates facing inward) I think the GL guys had them backwards because only one bow would fit (its legs were reversed compared to the other ones). Half the day beating , yes this is why,,,,,
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/70474-helped-deuces-got-m105.html

So another question I have, what else is interchangeable from a 105 to a 101? I think the wiring harness is (the front half on the nose of the trailer). Anything else, tail lights maybe,I dont think wheels are.Pintle...

Why is the sky blue, and do I ask too many questions?:razz:

Thanks for Your input, I hope this helps someone else.

Ripcord01

Tail lights are interchangeable on most MV's . The wiring harness will be a different length.
Tires will not fit each other. larger hub vs smaller hubs, trailer tubs are not interchangeable.

deuceaid

Banned
You dont put the bows into the stake pockets of the BED.. They go into the sideboards.

My Bad. I meant the sideboards. Unless 101s dont have them. I have only seen Gottlos`s M101 in person, and he didnt have any on at the time, nor did I have my 105 with me to compare at the airshow.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
101's do have sideboards. Not much other than some electrical will transfer from 101 to 105 and back. The pintals are different too.

DAP

M116 3/4 ton generator trailers have pockets in the bed floor and no side boards. The bows for the M116 are all metal and a different size (cross sectional dimensions) then the M101 side board stake pocket holes on the side board.