• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intercom Kit

Troll1216

I found a 24v military intercom kit at:

Army Radio Sales Co.

I was wondering if anyone has one installed. I would like to adapt the radio inputs to accept a HAM radio and a CB radio. To do this I will need the breakdown of the inputs and their uses/voltages. I would like to use the PTT on the headset as intended.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Clansman is somewhat of a briitish version of the VIC-1. I've had a few VIC-1 systems and I wasn't very impressed. Not too comfortable for exxtended use. By the time you pay for the ride from across the pond, you could probably put a VIC-1 together. I use a pair of Peltor Powercom FRS headsets. They work awesome and if you want to try them, you are welcome to.

undysworld

In case anyone's interested, I've got a VIC-1 which I'd part with. It came out of my Pinzgauer, and was fully functional. I've got a power cord, and at least 2 remote stations with 2 or 3 headsets. I'd have to double check what's in the box. pm me if interested.

Paul

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine on Ebay. Took a while to find some that I could afford. I have a total of 4 headsets. The most I paid was $175 for the last pair have the GMRS channels too. I don't care for the VOX and they are not full duplex like the VIC-1 but having to use the PTT keeps the kids from talking and singing the entire time on the road. I can also run into a store and keep talking to the kids outside. They are also excellent for use by road guides.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks