• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intercom

87HMMWV

Hi, guys

I have a 1987 Hmmwv Convertible, i was looking to get an intercom system for it so my children and i can talk, when driving down the road it tends to get noisy, plus it would be pretty cool to have one.
I came across a unit on ebay, its a us army intercom system. I dont know much about Military equipment but i was hoping someone could tell me if it will fit my vehicle.

Heres the link: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=military+vic-3&_sacat=See-All-Categories

My buddy sent me to this website, he said this is the place to be if i had questions.

m38inmaine

It will work but it only has three stations and you may need four. I would not like wearing those helmets either. I use a commercial aviation setup, a Sigtronics Transcom II and two David Clarl H130 headsets. You can get an extension box so four people can talk. The headsets are much more comfortable and you don't have all the hard wiring, you can take it in any vehicle you own. It uses an internal 9v battery or you can feed it with 10-36 volts externally. Also is uses a vox circuit, all you have to do is talk, no push to talk buttons, it also has an audio input jack so you can listen to an external audio source such as a ipod or cellphone etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks