• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interest in North East Ohio Winter Convoy

Capriceii

Looking to see what the interest level is in putting together a "Winter Convoy" Not this year but planning one for next winter:)

Figure Winter is what we do well in North East Ohio why not convoy in it:)

Also what do we think about a Winter meet up? Meet with some of our fellow NE Ohioans who share a passion for our hobby?

Drop me a message and I will start putting together a list of interested parties.

Send me:

Your Name
Contact Number
e-mail address
City of residence

Lets see what we can put together.

donttreadonmebmg

Where would we go in NE Ohio? I'm leaning towards an early spring thing. winter not so fun but hey whatever. :driver:

Contact me through the SS private messages please.

I know a guy out of akron with a cucv

Monkeyboyarmy might join as well IDK he's local too.

Last edited:
i think id be down, may even have two MV's to go... and hey Donttread, is your akron friend with the CUCV an SS member? always looking to meet local MV guys, esp if he takes his offroading at all...

AGE|kshaufl

Stow checking in. Winter is gone and spring is finally in bloom.

I would like to get something regular going for this year. Maybe a cruise type thing. A&W, Swensons, Sonic, or something. I think we could really draw a crowd if it is a high visibility area. This way the people that are a little short on fuel gold can still drive a little, park and show off their goods.

I think that Springfield Twp usually puts on some kind of concert / cruise night. I have a contact there that may be of help too.

I am anxious to get something going so lets hear it.

unispeed

I am out here in Portage Lakes...Winks alsway has couple hundred classics on display...Fridays and Saturdays with entertainment...

I am Going to be in the Memorial Day Parade at New Franklin it would be cool it there were more

I will go to Swenson's or where ever....
[thumbzup]

bodi044

I am picking up my first MV this weekend from MI. I will be bringing home a beautiful M35A2 and I am game for anything, Cruise ins, Parades and off-roading. In Fact mine is making a her maiden voyage to the trails down in Wellsville Memorial Day weekend. Nothing to serious just wanna test her out a bit.

unispeed

I got parade duty memorial day (monday) and then I think it goes to Mansfield to give Miss Ohio a ride in the Miss Ohio Parade June 11?.....So it is getting all primed...
We gotta hit Yankee Lake this year with several M35's we will be Kings of the party! [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-GiZABKyIA[/media]

We got room in the New Franklin (manchester) memorial day parade

I have to keep her clean :-( If ya know what I mean
Heres a place near me where we hang out with the non dailey dtivers
Home
mark
fitting a new cover

Attachments

Capriceii

Wow I started this one and I don't get the updates LOL.. Sounds like there are a few of us around. I all for a mini convoy whenever.. LOL would be funny to have a line of MV's show up and Yankee Lake too, That would a a riot.. Lets pick a date a location and make something happen..

:grd:

hey Bodi, where are you camping at Wellsville Memorial wkend? are you at Oaktree, or the former Forbidden Zone? a bunch of my friends are the ones that took over the old Zone campground, and are busting their butts to make it a nice place. i'll prob be there too. i'll least have the M1010, but prob wont be wheeling it, just sleeping in it... unless i get conned into climbing Scooby or something... if all goes well, and i get it trailworthy, i may have the M37 there too(War Pig !!), but thats probably just a pipedream at this point, since ive been rather lazy and unmotivated on my days off... guess i should go wrench on it a bit now:roll:, itd be nice to be a driver and not just a passenger that weekend... PM me if youd like to meet up down there... itd be nice to finally meet some fellow S.S. members in person.

DieselOnly

I have a 1970 Kaiser M35A2 and a 87 CUCV currently noisey 5th gear in the deuce which everyone has me scared about but if I get it fixed I would make the haul. I am in Ohio but Yankee lake is a 4 hour drive for me

Danger Ranger

We definately need some SS at Yankee. They are open and needing more MVs! I might be headed out this Friday, but don't own anything. I am willing to meet some of you guys though.

bodi044

I will be down at wellsville friday afternoon 5/27 through Sunday evening 5/29. If anyone wants to meet up and tool the MVs around or ride in the deuce I will be down in the yellowcreek campground. Right in the middle. (be the only site with a deuce sitting there I am sure)

I would do a yankee lake trip in june. We need to pick a friday and schedule it up with a few rigs.

ohfiredude

Once I get the top put on and the seats reinstalled, I want to get the truck to Yankee Lake. I have a couple of friends w/ Jeep Wranglers that I want to outdo, LOL!

donttreadonmebmg

Alright guys where were you I was there in my M52A2 splashing through some mud climbed all the hills and I think I was the only military truck there with the exception of one or two cucvs. :x

But I had fun and my wife got some video of me. :driver: rofl

Caution!!! it's really loud at first because shes standing near the big speakers.

sorry it won't post, so here's the YouTube link YouTube - ‪M52A2‬‏

Friday night at Yankee Lake. 5/27/11

NOW I HAVE TO CLEAN IT!!! :doh: it might be in a parade tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks