• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interested in buying a 90 6.2 Hmmv with 59,000 miles. New guy here!

Inspector 1

Is it just me or does it look like the rear is lowered to match the front? Also it looks like the tires are low tread.
All 4 tires had been replaced since some of these pics. Front tires are 90% tread. You are correct on rear tires. Rear tires are being eaten alive every time I drive vehicle. I need to get the Toe adjusted. Its a shame , myself also being a new Humvee owner, replaced all 4 tires and had no idea why the rear tires were wearing down so quickly. .Just recently found it to be the Toe adjustment through this invaluable site. It just goes to show that no matter how much you pay for your Humvee, most likely there will be some work somewhere that needs to be addressed. As far as the rear being lowered, must be camera angle as vehicle had 1" lift added equally to front and rear.

Katavic918

All 4 tires had been replaced since some of these pics. Front tires are 90% tread. You are correct on rear tires. Rear tires are being eaten alive every time I drive vehicle. I need to get the Toe adjusted. Its a shame , myself also being a new Humvee owner, replaced all 4 tires and had no idea why the rear tires were wearing down so quickly. .Just recently found it to be the Toe adjustment through this invaluable site. It just goes to show that no matter how much you pay for your Humvee, most likely there will be some work somewhere that needs to be addressed. As far as the rear being lowered, must be camera angle as vehicle had 1" lift added equally to front and rear.
I was referring to the blue one

Chief B

I'm interested in tooling around town, home Depot runs, and firewood hauling, with an occasional camping trip to the family cabin on the property. I'd love one but that's a little out of the price range.
I agree, My wife got me mine for me to drive and I do drive it almost every day (just not on the highway anymore). I go to the store and all the other stuff you mentioned, but you don't need to spend that much to be able to do that. I know we found mine on Craigslist for 10k. Yes I've had to do a little work to it, but it has not been too bad. And the majority of the major work that I've had to do has been due to driver error (this thing really does max out at 50) so I cannot complain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks