• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting article on using your FMTV for rabbit hunting /small game

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any other tidbits on this build?
Basic details were publicly released in 2018 so I will comment on that. It's a M1083 w/w modified to take the armorment, not too much there to dissect as it's all in the photos. The concept went through a few revisions starting with an M1084 to self load and a M1095 to tow with ammo. The crane was directly in the way of the operation and not ideal for the setup so it was passed on. The M1078 proved to be too light duty to handle the weapon system and tow ammo so it was passed on as well. That M1083 was acquired specifically for condition and having a winch to power the hydraulics for the operation. The trailered ammo concept was scrapped entirely due to the weight vs rounds carried. The development past that phase I was not privy to nor do I know what is still considered confidential so I'll stop there. There's not too much crazy secret squirrel stuff going on but it's surely neat to see it happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks