• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting Biodiesel news report from NY

Cantrade

The amount of home-brewed biodiesel is so small compared to the commercial guys that it is under the radar. I made BD for a couple of years and produced much more than my three diesel powered vehicles could use so I sold my plant to someone who had a much greater demand.

I remember the story of a woman producer who went to the feds and owned up to making x gallons of BD and wanted to pay the road tax. They just looked at her like she was crazy and sent her on her way.

Make what you can, keep a low profile, use what you make, and don't try to become EXXON in your neighborhood and you will do fine. If you start trying to market your product to your friends and neighbors you are looking for trouble. The liability alone is not worth the savings you achieve by making your own fuel.

I personally think the best way to obtain BD is from a local co-op. A few folks get together and share the gathering, producing, and storing of the product and they all buy from the co-op. It is a good thing to get involved in if you are inclined toward BD production.

BTW, I also know of a producer who burned down his house and his neighbor's house when his BD plant exploded. Know what you are doing in this regard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks