• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting deuce e-brake MWO

rdixiemiller

All
Went to the Kennesaw Ga. military vehicle show. Got to meet Ironhorsethegeneral and the Mrs. Had a great time!
While at the armory, I took the opportunity to check out the ANG deuces just back from Saudi. All the cargo trucks are singled, with Michelin 1100R20's. The van bodies are running dual Michelins. All but 2 had hard tops. Most wre in fairly well used condition.
While rolling up windows before a shower (Anal retentive, I know!), I noticed an interesting modification on some. There is a lever switch mounted below the e-brake handle. I asked a ANG Sgt. how it was wired up. He told me the switch was wired into the low air pressure light. When the handle is raised, the switch closes and lights the low pressure light. The switch is mounted on a shop made sheet metal bracket that is bolted up on either side of the brake lever, through the floor.
I need to find the MWO on this one, I drove 3 miles with my e-brake on one time. It did not hold well before, slightly less now.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
im doing one one those on my 819, have the parts and a extra light for the dash, just havent installed it it, im using a old backup alarm switch,

Dieselsmoke

I think I might still have 2 of these MWO kits. Let me see if I can find them. Not sure exactly where I put them, and they will only wor with the later style handle.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
with the backup alarm switch if the lever is down ALL the way no contack, this will work on any e lever

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i to was at kennasew, the ang recovery operation was a fitting ending

rmgill

Well heck. I missed a bunch of you guys then. I knew where to find Mike form Mississippi because he posted pics on the MV list. That post has a number of their trucks with G177 tires mounted instead of NDCs. They look pretty sharp too. Ron, you had your M819 parked up next to the M54 with the trailer. The one Joe and David's Gamma Goat came in on right?

I was walking around with the tan bush hat on and with an OD shirt sporting a British WWII roundel. (A target for the un-enlightened) :roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my trucks had a brake light switch from the M151 on the e-brake handle. Worked very nice.