• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting discovery.

palmettopredator

So my 1028 decided not to start this morning. I am getting a click when I turn the key. So I read through the site to find a starting point to fix my big baby. I chose to start at the starter relay, but when I looked under the dash there isn't one! I don't even see the wires that attach to it. Any ideas? Kinda need to get it going or my significant other is going to put it on the chopping block. :cry:

The previous owner had already wired in a manual glow plug switch so the plugs are cycling but no start, just a click when I turn the key. I am getting 24v to the starter with the key turned so I think my starter might have gone.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure you are looking in the right place? The stock relay is located under the dash behing the STE/ICE connector plug under the ashtray.

There should also be two square relays for the GEN2 and Voltmeter

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They should be part of the same wiring harness. The PO may have cut it out and jumpered the wires.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start with the starter relay upgrade (dohead relay) but I'm thinking its time for a starter rebuild. If you upgrade to the newer gear reduction starter, make sure you get the correct support bracket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks