• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

interesting E-shmay find.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no question that those blast shields would be tough to navigate with in a Highway Driving situation - but they sure would be cool to have...
I agree - for some situations they would be ideal. But you basically need a dedicated truck to mount that cab on. The way it's built it's essentially impossible to have the expansive windshield with the amazing view and the blast shutters - they operate from a control on the pillar between the two windshields.

Looks cool and all Mad-Max but do you really want to lose all that visibility to look cool? Some might. Not me.

I'll sell mine once I have harvested the hatch from it and whatever else I can use.

Rick

coachgeo

I agree - for some situations they would be ideal. But you basically need a dedicated truck to mount that cab on. The way it's built it's essentially impossible to have the expansive windshield with the amazing view and the blast shutters - they operate from a control on the pillar between the two windshields.

Looks cool and all Mad-Max but do you really want to lose all that visibility to look cool? Some might. Not me.

I'll sell mine once I have harvested the hatch from it and whatever else I can use.

Rick
hinge them to the cab.... . use actuators to lift them up and lock in place sticking out horizontal as sun visor. blast vents open so any air that comes under them vents out and push air up over the cab .

Reworked LMTV

There is no question that those blast shields would be tough to navigate with in a Highway Driving situation - but they sure would be cool to have...
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"Yes, because I have two toaster ovens mounted on my windshield?"
"That's right, the DOT limits you to one...."

Last edited:

cucvmule

collector of stuff
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"Yes, because I have two toaster ovens mounted on my windshield?"
"That's right, the DOT limits you to one...."

The day is still along way from over for me but that gave me a GREAT laugh!

And Missouri Troopers are pretty serious here and if I said that to a Trooper with an egg beater in my top pocket I am not sure what he would say. I would hope they were missileer's and first wanted to reminisce, then hopefully laugh, perhaps both.

The other half would tow me and throw me in the hoosegow.:recovry4x4:

chucky

I was told by a mod that we can in fact type "eBay" in here. No need for the e-smay stuff.

And I was told by a mod we can even post auction links as long as we did not discuss actual *bids*.
Did they say anything directly to you about takeing other peoples stuff at gunpoint and then posting pictures of the stuff you stole ????