• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting find

sandcobra164

OK, I'm a pretty understanding guy but this auction business has gotten blown out of proportion IMO. KsM175, perhaps you have been screwed over before at auction due to people knowing about a said auction. Perhaps' you've came out an auction smelling like rose's because you got something for really cheap at an auction. I don't know the history behind it. I know you take pride in being the "auction police" and "let me alert the mods" if I feel like I've found a post about an auction. Having said that, I would guess that you are much older than myself. This information is all over the internet and I could find any auction in YOUR Tri-County area pretty quickly. This post is over a completly un-interesting (IMO) or "in my opinion", vehicle and the OP is just poking fun. Take the bullet back out and put it in your shirt pocket where it is safe. Auctions are fine, where do you think we get these trucks? For the prices we've paid, we certainly didn't buy them, we stole them and have the GL paperwork to prove it.

sandcobra164

I've crossed over into this group now too. I'm proud owner of a M1028 that spent the last 23 year's in a cave in an undisclosed location and I'm sure that 2,168 original miles is likely the lowest of the group. I'll post pics tomorrow after I take them.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a reminder...to all...the auction posting rule isn't Jeff's, KsM715's rule. It is set by the owners of the site.

That is almost as ugly as the deuce on blazer axles

Timber

I saw that on another forum. I'm not interested in the least but I disagree that its an insult or abomination. The guy runs a hot rod shop and had a damaged 'vette to transform into something. He thought the M1009 was a great 'in your face' type of beast to mate to the 'vette remains. Although I think it's a waste of two good project vehicles, it's still a compliment to the M1009.

KsM715

Sandcobra, Please re-read my post again. Its not a rant on the rule breaking. I was trying to let people know how to post about an interesting find without breaking the rules. I just dont see why everytime someone finds something interesting in an auction they have to link to the auction or even mention the auction at all. Just save the pictures and wait till the auction is over then bring it up.

example: This would be on a trailer that I was not bidding on but was just curious about.

Hey guys I found this trailer on GL and was wondering whats under the tarp? Anyone know?
(link to active auction here) Breaking the rule.

Or do this.

Anyone know whats on this trailer? (same results as above, without breaking the rules)

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

I just dont see why its so difficult. The mods have made it clear. Dont break the rule. but people seem to think that "well know one is really gonna bid on this so I'm sure it will be ok" or frame it with "I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this" when they know the rule says dont post about it until the auction is over.

Why is that so hard to understand?

JeepMan

OK, I'm a pretty understanding guy but this auction business has gotten blown out of proportion IMO. KsM175, perhaps you have been screwed over before at auction due to people knowing about a said auction. Perhaps' you've came out an auction smelling like rose's because you got something for really cheap at an auction. I don't know the history behind it. I know you take pride in being the "auction police" and "let me alert the mods" if I feel like I've found a post about an auction. Having said that, I would guess that you are much older than myself. This information is all over the internet and I could find any auction in YOUR Tri-County area pretty quickly. This post is over a completly un-interesting (IMO) or "in my opinion", vehicle and the OP is just poking fun. Take the bullet back out and put it in your shirt pocket where it is safe. Auctions are fine, where do you think we get these trucks? For the prices we've paid, we certainly didn't buy them, we stole them and have the GL paperwork to prove it.

Well said in my opionion. At least this thread has'nt gotten locked yet. It still bothers me that someone says I did something, I swear I did'nt untill after an auction was over, but can't come in and post my possible innocence to others because the thread has been locked.

KsM715

You 2 might not see it this way but you feel compelled to post for the same reason I do. It bothers you, just like people posting about auctions bother me.

I see it and I say something about it. You are now in the same boat, you see my post and it bothers you so now you feel compelled to say something.

Welcome to the club.

JeepMan

You 2 might not see it this way but you feel compelled to post for the same reason I do. It bothers you, just like people posting about auctions bother me.

I see it and I say something about it. You are now in the same boat, you see my post and it bothers you so now you feel compelled to say something.

Welcome to the club.
LOL !! LOL !! Point well taken.

Or as a wise green ogre once said "Welcome to the club, we got jackets!" :lol:

Welcome to the club.

donalloy1

Well said recovry4x4! They are there for us as guidelines. Not to hard to understand. Pretty cut and dry if you ask me. All good for the Jarhead!:p

Michael

I totally agree. The rule used to only apply to the major online auctions and had an exception for rare and unusual items. Now thanks to a few fanning the fire, it is everything.

WARWAG

I saw that on another forum. I'm not interested in the least but I disagree that its an insult or abomination. The guy runs a hot rod shop and had a damaged 'vette to transform into something. He thought the M1009 was a great 'in your face' type of beast to mate to the 'vette remains. Although I think it's a waste of two good project vehicles, it's still a compliment to the M1009.

Sounds like to me this guy pissed off the MV guys and the Corvette guys! :cookoo: