• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting fuel leak today

warlord381

I was messing around with my M35A2C today and after a short tour through the property I stopped and shut her down. The brakes had been acting up so I crawled under to ckeck for leakage and I noticed fuel running down off the passenger side of the engine. I checked under the hood and found that a bird or something had chewed through the fuel inlet tube on the manifold heater! Don't see that everyday!

Can anybody suggest something to replace this? I'm surprised they went with a plastic fuel hose!

Attachments

stumps

We usually call them mice down in my neck of the woods. They eat wiring, make nests in the heater boxes, and air intakes, and generally cause a nuisance..

I had one eat the bottom corner of the battery in my tractor once. What a mess! I have to wonder what happened to the mouse when it got a face full of sulfuric acid.

-Chuck

Heavysteven

I have to check mine weekly to keep the spiders out. Also, had a bird try and build a nest on my fuel filters. Wild life has no respect....my truck ain't noahs ark.

Fuel line I can't help. Hopefully some one knows. I always try McMaster-Carr first

Chieftawny

I have six vehicles sitting in my driveway and the squirrels have torn most of the underhood and firewall insulation out
of four of them this summer! Ate a bunch of wiring on the wives RAV.