• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior Bling!

mr.travo

I had this idea for the last 6 months and today I got bored and finally did it! What do you think?

EDIT: I know, all that's missing is the yellow stripe. I will finish painting it once I get to Hobby Lobby this weekend.

Attachments

mr.travo

Thanks Craig! No, I went to the local hardware store with it (minus the fuse because I didn't want to freak people out) and found a 7/16" nut that was a hair bigger than the hole. I was going to tap it in and JB weld it, but with as much force as it took to get that nut in there, it will be fine. It took some hefty taps from a flat hammer to get the nut to seat in the hole. I guess if you had some JB on hand, you could tuck some up in there between the nut and the grenade body. I left it where you could unscrew it if you ever needed to pull the transfer or anything.

I don't know what the practice grenade body's cost with the fuse, but it was a pretty easy job to do.

mr.travo

Trying to Mike. I am wanting to fly in, but having to wait for my Dodge to sell. I sure am missing all of you guys.

Last edited:

mr.travo

Looking at it now, I think it's my new anti-theft device! Just tie a line from the pin to the drivers door. I wonder if USAA will give me an insurance discount for that? LOL! :mrgreen:

mr.travo

No stealing around here cdnm! We help each other out all the time. Doesn't matter who "thought" of it, just that it helps fuel someone else's mind. I know I am not the first to ever do that. One of my old Platoon Sergeants did on his gear shifter in his truck.

niferous

Is the hole on the bottom of the grenade threaded at all? If so you can get an insert to go from the thread size on the bottom of the grenade to 7/16".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks