• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior Decals

HAWK101

Hi,
does anyone have a info on the interior decals on the m37????
I know there was a yellow "Good Driver" decal, and I've seen a few battery box warning decals, but i really cant find to much detail about them.
Any info about them and were they might of be placed would be great....

Thanks

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try to find as many pictures as you can of the interior of various M-37s. The markings were very different from unit to unit and also from truck to truck depending what it was used for. Radio trucks are different from cargo trucks which are different from command trucks and trucks in Korea were different from trucks in Germany or Viet-Nam or stateside. You can find further variations between trucks in Alaska and Texas within the US.

The point to all this is that there is not one or two "CORRECT" sets of markings. There is lots of variation, so do what you want. When I was in the Army ('68 to '71) I never saw two trucks that were exactly the same.

Storm 51

nattieleather

Storm has it right. Also there may be more stenciling than stickers. Max speed and T.P. might be stenciled to the dash. If a unit commander wanted to reinforce a problem like no smoking in the truck that might be there along with the good driver sticker which says no smoking. Do what you want just don't over do it. Just because they army made a sticker doesn't mean it went on your truck. :)

HAWK101

Hi, thanks for the reply's
I've seen the decal kit on Ricks site, so will purchase some bits when he gets back.
Storm51,,, I've seen plenty of interior photos, and as you mention know two trucks seem to be the same, I think I'm going to keep it simple, Good drivers decal on drivers door, and Batt warning decal on Batt box lid, less is more and all that.
I've seen the stencilling on the dash before, I like the idea of the No smoking stencil,,, being a non smoker myself.
Thanks again
Lee

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks