• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior light

notsosanestan

okay so today i found out that my truck does have a interior light when u turn the dimmer knob all they way to the left. Am i the only one that didnt know this?

Disciple

Ok, so where's the light? I turn my switch all the way left and it clicks like it should when turning on a dome light, but no light. What am I missing here? I ended up buying a magnetic-based LED light and just sticking it to the ceiling. This way it's removable easily and can be used under the hood, etc. Works great until you hit a big bump going fast, then you just get smacked in the back of the head and get to pick up AA batteries off the floor in the dark while trying not to crash :-?

jimmy-90

I always wondered why my truck didn't have a dome light. I do have one working light under the dash on the passenger side. I wound up installing some kind of clear trailer light that I found at the hardware store in the trailer accessories section. Now thats what I call a dome light!!! That thing is extremely bright for what I am useing it for. If you have to stop to look at a map or something at night it makes it as bright as a sunny day inside the truck.

RSOVRanger

I have a red/white dome light from Galls, intended for use in police cars and the like. Works like a charm, although it's manually switched.

Disciple, You'll have 1 or 2 lamp housings under the dash near the heater vents, that's what lights everyone's talking about. Same as on a "normal" blazer.

RSOVRanger

I have a red/white dome light from Galls, intended for use in police cars and the like. Works like a charm, although it's manually switched.

Disciple, You'll have 1 or 2 lamp housings under the dash near the heater vents, that's what lights everyone's talking about. Same as on a "normal" blazer.

raiburn

Both of my trucks have bulbs that look good in the factory location under the dash, but neither one works. I assumed the wiring was disconnected by the gov'ment.
Also, I wanted to try to connect them to the door switches.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are no door switches.

Obviously, you guys that are/were surprised to learn you have an interior light, have never read through the -10TM(basic operators manual). Shame on you.

Also, if you ever had an electrical problem, you should have looked through the schematics in the back of the -20 and -34. You would have noticed the light there also in the interior lighting circuit.

Last edited:

Midnight Rider

Having my first 2 cars being 1960's models, I just instantly knew to turn the knob and that the light would come on under the dash.

That also kept me from trying to pull the turn signal lever toward me to turn on the brights.
Dang headlight switch isn't on the floor! :)

Last edited:

topgun217

WHen I got my M1009 I remembered that there was a light, however mine didn't work. some idiot went and yanked the buld out, not the bulb base. I use two of those fancy LED magnetic lights on the ceiling.....knock on od green, haven't been hit in the head....yet! (the wife don't count)