• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intermintent Electrical issue

deepseeman

Ok, here is my issue that is making me pull my hair out. Im almost bald....help!

I have a stock 84' CUCV, still 24v. She has been running fine and then the other day I noticed my volt gage was running right at the ylw/grn line. I took a mental note and went on travelling. Went into the store and came out, started her up and noticed the gage was all grn. So I figured I had no issues. A few days went by and it did it again. This time I made it home and had no issues....so I thought. The next day I went to start it and both my batteries were drained to below 4volts. I charged them both up and load tested them. tested fine. took my alternators off and had them tested. tested fine. I was still confused and noticed my battery cables were shabby. I replaced all battery cables and starter cables. So I gave her a start and she ran just fine. here I am now it has been two weeks with no issues. The gage showed a drain while running and I didnt have a clue what to do. Both alts charging, cables connected properly what else could it be.? After a few stops she was still in the ylw. parked her and went out the next morning. all dead. Charged the batteries, poked around with my volt meter and was receiving 24volts at the top post of my GP relay, I cant remember if thats correct or not. This time I noticed the GP relay wasnt clicking. I cranked her over a few times and she started. Im off to the races....wrong. I went on a weekend outing, parked her for a couple of days and it was time to leave. Went to start her and I had no instrument lights. I poked around and found that my 20amp engine fuse was blown. I replaced it and she started right up, but the volt gage is again running ylw/grn border. I got her home disconnected the batteries and went away for the holiday. I am due back on Sat. and need to have her running for work on Monday.

Does any one have a clue as to what could be wrong?

added note: sometimes my passenger headlight will be dim or not work. This has been an issue for awhile though.

Thanks for any help.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks