• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intermittent 12v issues

BuiltMFG

I installed dome 12v LED lights on the truck. If I flip the main power switch on the truck next to the batteries they now come on for a moment then they turn off (they are wired 12v constant). When driving the dash lights act as if they are not getting enough power and and once cut off entirely (12v switched). Outside of that the truck starts and drives great. Am I wrong in saying this is a 12v issue only? Any thoughts or past experiences are appreciated.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The dash illumination goes thru a dimmer switch on the lower right of the dash panel. They can become intermittent. Have you measured the power going to your light with a multimeter?

BuiltMFG

I traced the issue back to the Terminal block behind the tire. No issues with 24v, but no 12v coming out of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If you have 12v in and no 12v out then the block is bad. Its just a diode array that prevents someone from blowing up the cab electronics if they put the batts in backwards. You can bypass it. Just dont install any batts backwards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks