• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

intermittent engine shutdown on M1008

truck1

I have a problem that surfaces only on hot days in the mountains.:( My engine stalls at low speeds,then after sitting for a while will start up and run perfectly. I've replaced the fuel filter and lift pump .Last time it occured,I pulled the pink wire to the IP and turned ignition to on and touched solenoid with wire -no clicking of IP solenoid .Checked with voltage tester,no power to pink wire. Reconnected pink wire and cranked engine while loosening #1 injector-no fuel. Cranked engine again and checked for fuel pessure @ lift pump- plenty fuel and pressure @ lift pump. Jumped power direct from + side of battery to IP solenoid -truck fired right up.:shock: So ran it with jumped power to IP for 40 miles.Stopped and removed jumped power source and reconnected pink wire.Fired right up and drove home 100 miles! So I'm thinking short in the IP power circuit.Anyone know if there is a relay,sensor, or fusible link in this circuit that might fail when hot from weather.Truck runs perfect otherwise,all GlowPlug upgrades done,and doghead relay also. Thought about running a switched independent circuit from battery direct to dash if all else fails.Any help or advice much appreciated:) Thanks,Truck1.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Certainly sounds like you've started to narrow it down to the ignition circuit. I'd check the ign switch as those tend to go bad with age/use. Just know that it will require the column to be torn down.

Vacuum hoses play no part of fuel delivery in the CUCV's. Actually they can be completely removed and the truck will still operate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks