• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intermittent Turn Signal Problem

Scout

My M813 has a problem with the left turn signal working intermittently. The right signal and the 4-way flashers work, but the left is hit or miss. I went through all 4 corners and disconnected the harnesses and greased all the connections. Under the dash, there is what looks like a much larger version of the rubber boots at the other connections. It was hot, so I took it apart and cleaned up and greased the connection inside (what is this?)

If I put the signal lever in the left position and it does not work, sometimes moving the battery switch will make the signal start flashing.

It's done this for a while and I started to chase the problem down yesterday, but it seems like the left side was working reliably and the right was hit or miss at one point.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove and clean all the bolts that hold the light housing. 2 of them are used for grounds. Also, clean the one mounting bolt on the flasher unit, that grounds that too.

Last edited:

Scout

Thank you. I just broke off the left rear signal skidding logs. I re-attached the ground connections to the two pins inside and glued it all up. I expect there is a bad connection at the bolted connection. I assume a bad ground in one signal would cause neither to work on one side because there would not be enough load on the flasher?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an issue with the left, right and hazards would light up steady with no flashing. This happened intermittently. I went through and checked/cleaned all grounds including flasher unit and the signal lever. I still had the problem. I broke down and bought a brand new signal lever and flasher unit. Installed them. No more problem:)[thumbzup].