• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Internet resource for alt parts?

4bogginchevys

I've read a more than a few posts now that mentioned very inexpensive rebuilds on alts, the shop here wants 200....
They give you one thats done already and take yours, without a core it's 250...

I tried to play the game and say: I only want fixed what is wrong....the response I got was, there are to many parts to fail, we need to replace all the guts. If we dont replace everything than we cant warranty it... I have only bought 1 alt from them when the truck was new to me and I needed to get it going again. After the BS with this shop I need an alternative to them, and even with a population base of 250,000 this appears to be the only shop that can rebuild alts... I also asked this shop for a rebuild kit, they looked at me like I spoke a different dialect. Basically they WONT sell a "kit" to the public.

If anyone has found a reputable website that sells the common parts that fail like the regulator, etc, or a kit, I would be very happy know, alt 1 is over charging a little and is on it's way out. It doesn't have the iso-ground but everything else is the same and alt 2 is gonna go out of warranty soon... thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.. this appears to be the only shop that can rebuild alts...
thanks
I just did a search and it looks like there are three shops within 15 miles from Rathdrum. They are in Post Falls. Sometimes you have to look "outside the box"......LOL

If your town has a Industrial Equipment repair shop they should be able to rebuild starter and alternators.

Here in OKC we have 20-30 shops that can do the work. I deal with two of them.

Here is one source I found:

http://www.springhillautoelectric.co...d&productId=13

There is also detailed info on diagnostic and repair in the Technical manual.
This kit has everything except a new "isolated ground" stud and assosiacted fiber washers.

My local shop only charged $85 to rebuld mine. That included a new rotor as mine was busted and non-repairable.

Last edited:

4bogginchevys

thanks for the tips, and ya, there are 30 shops within 10 miles...they use napa/motion. I may have overlooked a shop right my nose, but I still prefer to do the work myself:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks